Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another BOA thread...

tag
vanilla
Valued Member

Another BOA thread...

A few weeks ago I app'd for a BOA card, and they said no but how bout this 99/500 one, and I declined. Then about a week ago I got a preapproved offer from them in the mail, for an unsecured card (I don't have it anymore, not sure of the details), so I went to the site, and it gave me the 7-10 days message. I did see the inquiry show up on my EX report (the first time it was TU) on 5-1. I haven't received anything in the mail, but this morning, I noticed there is a new account reporting to Equifax (we'll see how long it takes scorewatch to tell me about it), and it's BOA! It shows a 500 limit, and acct opened on 5-1. Few questions:
1. Do they normally report before the card is activated (I haven't even received it yet), or has someone intercepted my card and maybe using it?
2. It had better not be that partially secured card. It's showing a limit of 500! Can I ask for a CLI at activation? None of my CLs are that low anymore. And if for some reason it is that partially secured card (which I don't want) can I just cancel it? Is that bad?
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Another BOA thread...

You can always call and ask for the CLI.  It is better do it over the phone with the backdoor number.  As for them reporting before you activate the card....yes they have been known to do that.
Message 2 of 4
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

That's normal for B of A.  My card with them reported to the CRA's almost a week before I got the card.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Yes, it's normal.

I have 2 cards from them, and both started reporting long before the card came in the mail.

Also, when I was granted a CLI, they did a special update to the CRAs. How awesome is that?
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.