Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Barclay Card

tag
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

Another Barclay Card

Need another Barclay card for Travel. I already have the Barclaycard Rewards, but with only a $1,300 CL. Already on my 8th statement, but still no auto CLI. I am traveling on business more these days and am getting really tired of having to use 3 different cards just to get through a trip. I have really good income, 14 years AAofA, only 2 inquiries from 8 months ago. However, I do have a BK from 2007 and a huge outstanding tax lien (also from 2007) that I'll never be able to pay off. 

Should I go for a CLI on my existing Barclaycard... or go for a 2nd Barclay card like the Arrival? Either way it's a HP so not sure what is a better strategy. Here are my existing cards:

• $3,000 - CapOne Platinum (21 months)
  • $1,300 - Barclaycard (8 months)
  • $1,150 - Merrick (19 months)
  • $1,050 - CreditOne (19 months)
  • $   600 - Walmart (18 months)
  • $10,000 - Wells Fargo Auto Loan (balance $6,300) 2 years

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Barclay Card

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

Need another Barclay card for Travel. I already have the Barclaycard Rewards, but with only a $1,300 CL. Already on my 8th statement, but still no auto CLI. I am traveling on business more these days and am getting really tired of having to use 3 different cards just to get through a trip. I have really good income, 14 years AAofA, only 2 inquiries from 8 months ago. However, I do have a BK from 2007 and a huge outstanding tax lien (also from 2007) that I'll never be able to pay off. 

Should I go for a CLI on my existing Barclaycard... or go for a 2nd Barclay card like the Arrival? Either way it's a HP so not sure what is a better strategy. Here are my existing cards:

If you do not mind me asking, what chapter BK did you file? Remember, the time starts from the day you file and not from discharge. Hopefully, with it being 2014 now, your BK will come off (depending on the chapter). 

Sounds like the biggest things holding you back are your BK and tax lien. Are the scores in your siggy accurate?

I do not know much about Barclays but I believe the info I requested could help someone with more knowledge on Barclays give you a better answer. 

Message 2 of 4
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Since they already gave you the Rewards card, you might consider applying for the Arrival since the travel rewards are better. If you are not approved instantly, call the recon number so you can talk to a real person and, if denied, try for a CLI on the card you already have with the same HP.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 3 of 4
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

If you do not mind me asking, what chapter BK did you file? Remember, the time starts from the day you file and not from discharge. Hopefully, with it being 2014 now, your BK will come off (depending on the chapter). 

Sounds like the biggest things holding you back are your BK and tax lien. Are the scores in your siggy accurate?

I do not know much about Barclays but I believe the info I requested could help someone with more knowledge on Barclays give you a better answer. 

Thanks Azguy.

My BK was a Chapter 7 filed in May or June of 2007 and discharged in October or November 2007. It was all business debt. However, since I PG some of the debt, I had to file personally as well. I believe Chapter 7's stay on your credit report for 10 years, so I still have at least another 3 before it falls off.

Regarding the tax liens, they are not my personal debt either. They are business withholding taxes from the business and since the company no longer exists and filed 7 as well, they liened me personally. The amount is huge and in the double 6 digit range, so I am not sure how I will ever take care of it at my age in timing in life. I believe they stay on your credit report indefinately when not paid. 

The 'Current' scores in my siggy are in-fact accurate or close anyways (2 months old). I have no lates in past 5 or 6 years. I have no debt either, except the car. Because of business and travel, I run up my cards just about to their max each month, but then pay in full prior to statement cycle. I usually leave 1 card with a small balance to keep scrore shored up.

The suggestion of going for the Arrival soundns like the best plan. And then if rejected go for a CLI on my existing Barclayscard. Any and all help or suggestions on this would ge GREATLY appreciated.

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.