Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CLI Question

tag
xxhannahxx
Valued Member

Another CLI Question

I know this has been asked already but can't seem to find it anymore. 
I plan to call my cc companies in few days to ask for an increase.  My questions are
#1.  Will it go on my inquiry on file?
#2.  What's are Front door and Back door numbers that I see people talk about?  Sounds kinky.. Smiley Tongue
#3.  How often should I call for an increase?

Would really appreciate it if someone can point me to right direction (board).

02-27-08  (Before Joining myFiCO)  TU 695, EX 689, EQ 667
03-15-08  (After Joining myFiCO)      TU 762, EX 747, EQ 748
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Re: Another CLI Question

Ae those your real scores?  What did you do to increase your points by 67, 58,a dn 81 points.  Please give pointers.

xxhannahxx wrote:
I plan to call my cc companies in few days to ask for an increase.  My questions are
#2.  What's are Front door and Back door numbers that I see people talk about?  Sounds kinky.. Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

and in 18 days?

NICKI183 wrote:
Ae those your real scores?  What did you do to increase your points by 67, 58,a dn 81 points.  Please give pointers.

xxhannahxx wrote:

Message 3 of 11
NICKI183
Established Contributor

I am so glad I was not the only one to ask that question.  It's not like I don't believe, I just want to HOW?
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 4 of 11
xxhannahxx
Valued Member

When I pulled my credit report on all 3 bureaus, I found out that I had a 30day late showing from GEMB/Paypal.  I called the creditor and had it removed and was promised that they would report it right away to all 3 agencies.  Within days it was removed from my report.  I'm much gratified of this site and the vast information it offers.  I now understand why people keep posting not to be late...  Oh, during this time, my lease had ended and was rewarded 4 points to my credit scores.  It's amazing how fast they update your scores.  I had originally thought that it was done once a month.

Now back to my question!  Any answers???Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I recently requested and obtained a CLI increase on a BOA card  It was my stupid assumption that they would not do a hard pull, since it was not a request for new credit, but rather merely an inquiry through my existing CCC.
Wrong! 
They did a hard pull.  Cost me an immediate -10 pts.
So, IMHO, get a firm commitment, in advance, that the CCC will not do a hard pull whenever you request a CLI.  And dont believe that it wont be just because you have a current account with them.
Message 6 of 11
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@xxhannahxx wrote:
I plan to call my cc companies in few days to ask for an increase. My questions are
#1. Will it go on my inquiry on file?
#2. What's are Front door and Back door numbers that I see people talk about? Sounds kinky.. Smiley Tongue
#3. How often should I call for an increase?

Well you got questions, we got answers.

1# Depends on the CC. Some companies will soft pull, which does not affect your score. Others (Chase for example) will always do a hard pull for a CLI request. This can affect your score.

2# A front door number is the one on the back of your card and/or on your statement. This will connect you to the normal front line CSRs, who often aren't as helpful as you want. Backdoor numbers are "secret" numbers that connect you directly to a certain department in a CCC. The people who pick up are higher up the ladder and can do more for you. (or at least won't be reading from a script)

3# Most would agree every 6 months, 12 months, or somewhere in between; some do it more often it's really your prerogative.

Message 7 of 11
xxhannahxx
Valued Member

OKKKKKKKKAAAY~  Uhm... Where can I get the "secret" back door numbers?  Do I need secret decoder ring?Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 11
xxhannahxx
Valued Member

Thanks for the answers RobertEG!  I've been reading up on your post for past few days.  You are BRILLIANT!  I've learned so much from your posts!!!

Anyways, I was going to call BofA for an increase tomorrow.  I currently have a 10k limit but shooting for 50k in future.  I didn't realize that they do a hard pull so now I'm having second thoughts.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can regularly request a non credit pull CLI every 6 months. They give you a little bit here and there. But if you want a big jump it's probably going to take a hard pull to get it. I tell everyone to always request a CLI every 6 months with out a credit pull when they don't need it. It adds up over time. State very clearly, what will you give me with out pulling my credit. No Credit Pull. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.