cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another CLI from Juniper

Super Contributor

Another CLI from Juniper

I am a little out of practice at checking my CLs, but when my DW's Juniper B&N bill came in ($zero due  Smiley Very Happy), I found that here CL had gone up $3K, to $19K.

 

Must have been recently, and it is close to her anniversary, but nice.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper


MidnightVoice wrote:

I am a little out of practice at checking my CLs, but when my DW's Juniper B&N bill came in ($zero due  Smiley Very Happy), I found that here CL had gone up $3K, to $19K.

 

Must have been recently, and it is close to her anniversary, but nice.


 

Congrats! That's a lot of books!
Message 2 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper


MidnightVoice wrote:

I am a little out of practice at checking my CLs, but when my DW's Juniper B&N bill came in ($zero due  Smiley Very Happy), I found that here CL had gone up $3K, to $19K.

 

Must have been recently, and it is close to her anniversary, but nice.


Wow!  That's a big jump!  Congrats!  I'm sure they would love for you to spend the whole $19,000 with them.  That's enough to start a small home library. 

Message 3 of 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper

$16K to $19K = $3K/$16K * 100 = 18.75% increase. Most CLI's are in the 20% range unless your starting out with a toy limit. I get about 20% from Citi on every CLI.
Message 4 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper

To me the strange thing is the differenvt CLIs from my two different Barclay's cards.  My Casey's card uses 10-20 % of its CL every month, and CLIs have beeen very rare.  The B&N card usually uses 0.3 % of its CL some months, and was nearly maxed out once (last summer, deliberately to get gift cards  Smiley Happy ) and CLIs pop up every now and again.

 

Both Cards are PIFfed every month

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 16
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another CLI from Juniper


MidnightVoice wrote:

...The B&N card usually uses 0.3 % of its CL some months, and was nearly maxed out once (last summer, deliberately to get gift cards  Smiley Happy ) and CLIs pop up every now and again...

* ponders the thought of nearly $16K worth of B&N shopping and gift cards *

* pours a glass of Pinot Grigio in an attempt to settle back down *

Congrats on the CLI! My measly $500 that I turned back in has long ago been swallowed up by this card, that's for sure.

I always did think that the B&N MC was the "good" Barclay's/ Juniper card. Well, along with the other card that stirs up WW III whenever it is mentioned, lol.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 16
Senior Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper


haulingthescoreup wrote:
* ponders the thought of nearly $16K worth of B&N shopping and gift cards *

That thought crossed my mind earlier. (I left it for you to say.) That is a whole lotta books!


haulingthescoreup wrote:
I always did think that the B&N MC was the "good" Barclay's/ Juniper card. Well, along with the other card that stirs up WW III whenever it is mentioned, lol.


If I had any idea which other card you were talking about I might tend to agree with you. (BTW - The permanently waived AF deal is over. I knew I should have app'ed that one while the app'ing was good! I am pretty sure I would have been approved.)

Message 7 of 16
Super Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper

Just to get this straight - it was nearly maxed out paying for a new retaining wall so our house did not slide gently down the slope on our lot  Smiley Happy

 

It resulted in about $250 worth of B&N gift cards  Smiley Very Happy

 

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 16
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another CLI from Juniper


MidnightVoice wrote:

Just to get this straight - it was nearly maxed out paying for a new retaining wall so our house did not slide gently down the slope on our lot  Smiley Happy

 

It resulted in about $250 worth of B&N gift cards  Smiley Very Happy

 



Oh, OK. * lets go of image of a ton of books *

I'm glad your house stayed put (presumably), and that's an excellent example of how to use CC's to generate some rewards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 16
Valued Contributor

Re: Another CLI from Juniper


MidnightVoice wrote:

Just to get this straight - it was nearly maxed out paying for a new retaining wall so our house did not slide gently down the slope on our lot  Smiley Happy

 

It resulted in about $250 worth of B&N gift cards  Smiley Very Happy

 


If I may (seeing as this is a Barnes & Noble card) ...

 

 

Do not slide gentle down that hill at night,
Charge, charge a walled solution to your plight...

 

 

(with apologies to Dylan Thomas) 

 

 :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 16