Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Cap 1 trade line

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Another Cap 1 trade line

I was wondering if I should take another Cap 1 CC. I have a QS one, but wanted to know if another Card such as the platinum will help me in my rebuild. The pre qualifier shows a QS one and a platinum.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Cap 1 trade line

IMO the short answer is no. 

How old are your current cards? How many inq do you have on your reports and do you know your Fico scores? What is your util?

Message 2 of 17
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 trade lines with Cap One since ages but the CL remains the same like forever.....

Not a bad start to rebuild.......but not much to expect if any......my 2 cents.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all.
Message 4 of 17
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@NP27 wrote:
I was wondering if I should take another Cap 1 CC. I have a QS one, but wanted to know if another Card such as the platinum will help me in my rebuild. The pre qualifier shows a QS one and a platinum.

It's not going to make a difference, you will just add a new (useless) tradeline and three inquiries. Are you in the credit step program? Where are you, score-wise? I would personally wait for a full year after you got your CC and try for something more ambitious, such as Discover or even Chase Freedom, if you can afford it with your scores.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fully agreed!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I wouldn't open a CC with them line but if your QS1 has an annual fee you might try calling them to see if they will upgrade it to the QS without the fee. They did that for me. I only had the card about 8 months when I asked.

Message 7 of 17
NP27
Established Contributor

Thanks all.  It seems like the general consensus here is that it would not help.

Message 8 of 17
NP27
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

IMO the short answer is no. 

How old are your current cards? How many inq do you have on your reports and do you know your Fico scores? What is your util?

scores are 630s across the board.  current cards are new within the last 3 months.  util is less than 10%.

If you wouldnt mind, why do you have 11 cards (2 BOAs), but tell me that having more than 1 Cap 1 card is not a good idea.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because of the small lines
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.