Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Cap One card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Cap One card?

DH has had a Cap One No Hassles Rewards (though the card itself is the Platinum)since roughly the end of July ... so far, we've made 2 payments (one for $30, the AF, and one for $727 the current balance). The card has a $1K CL.

Fast forward to this afternoon. In checking our mail, what did I happen to see? An invitation to another card -- this one, specifically the Platinum!!

What do we do? The first Cap One card is only about a month or two old ... is this offer for real or will we get denied since we have a recently issued card?

We'd LIKE to get it -- I've read oodles here about getting a second Cap One and combining the two for nicer CLs ...

Any advice? Suggestions?? TIA!! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Cap One card?

Seems like I've read to wait 90 days.  Any credit steps for you? 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Seems like I've read to wait 90 days. Any credit steps for you?

Then why would they send this invitation before the 90 day period? That's whats got me stumped!!! Unless, of course, they saw that DH has been working on his credit and smell blood in the water! LOL!

We got the credit steps pamphlet (supposedly we'll get roughly a $500-750 increase with our next payment/statement) about a month ago.
Message 3 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

The offer could just be a part of a mass mailing. A denial will yield you three burnt inquiries. You could always call and ask if this offer is an approval but I doubt that will help much.
Message 4 of 5
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

did u check 'preapproved offers' on cap 1 site?

my experience-

4/08- 300 CL no hassle rewards. Now up to 1.1k after calling backdoor # (300 CLI- 6/08) and then getting credit steps 500 CLI on 8/08 stmt

8/08- applied for no hassle cash rewards after clicking the ‘preapproved offers’ on cap 1 site out of curiosity. 300 CL, but i got the credit steps letter, so expect that it will be 1.1k by 12/08

ultimate plan- either keep them both open (i like both types of rewards personally) and hope they grow or combo them and keeping the no hassle cash rewards

fyi, when i talked to the reps about whether there was a ‘waiting period’ to app, i was told NO. I was also told there was NO limit on the # of cap 1 ccs you can have.

*had to get 3 inqs both times around. Didn’t really bother me much as i do NOT plan on apping for anything again until early 09 and by that time, most of my inqs will be GONE.

Message Edited by creditreformer on 09-04-2008 04:06 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.