Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Discover 0% APR promo offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Discover 0% APR promo offer

I was approved for the Discover IT card in February 2016.  My scores were not that strong so I did not qualify for the 0% APR on new purchases for 12 months - my rate was 23% on new purchases.  I PIF each month so I was not too upset about it.  I was offered multiple 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months and decided to take advantage of them.  My current balance transfer promotion ends September 2017. 

Thanks to various posts on MF, I knew I would be eligible to apply for an APR reduction once my account was 1 year old. I just called Discover a few minutes ago and they offered me two promotions to select from:

1) 0% APR on new purchases for 12 months (starting tomorrow)

2) Lowering my APR to 18.24%

I decided to go with the first option since this would be the most beneficial for us.  MY BF and I closed on a home last year and are looking forward to taking advantage of the 5% cash back on home improvement stores and whole sale clubs next quarter.  So in March 2018, we will call Discover again to see what other promos they will have to offer.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Discover 0% APR promo offer

AWESOME SAUCE!!! I used the chat feature and was offered the SAME offers earlier this morning.  I too opted for the 0% APR on purchases for 12 months.  Gotta LOVE Discover!!! Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Another Discover 0% APR promo offer

Grats Gdanzy, thats a great offer!. Id imagine as you build history with them the offers will get betterSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.