Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Discover 6mo. CLI question

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Another Discover 6mo. CLI question

So, I've had the 'IT' card for 6 mos. and 3 days, activated on Jan. 7.

Just for fun, lol, I clicked  the 'Request credit limit increase' tab and it said "Sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time, please call customer service."

Is that normal procedure?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Discover 6mo. CLI question

@racer-x wrote:

Just for fun, lol, I clicked  the 'Request credit limit increase' tab and it said "Sorry, we are unable to process your request at this time, please call customer service."

I always get the same message. I called a couple of times after my 6 months have passed and i would be denied via SP. Until this month (my 10th statement cut) did i receive an auto cli of 500 from them.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 10
justforting
Regular Contributor

Forever that message!

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 3 of 10
blueflame

you shoould DEFINITELY call in or chat with a CSR throught their IM thing and they will tell you if your account is eligible for a cli. Everytime I press that button I get the same message but i had success after speaking to a real person. good luck !

EQ 658 (06/06/13) | EXP 669 (06/09/13) | TU 643 (03/23/13)
Discover More - $3K | CapitalOne Classic Platinum - $500

Message 4 of 10
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

Isn't January 7th only 5 months ago? Smiley Happy

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 5 of 10
eviLution
Established Contributor

I would wait a few weeks after my 6th statement before trying for a CLI.

I got my Discover around the same time as you and my 5th statement cuts on the 16th.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 10
cqdealer711
Frequent Contributor

Isn't January 7th only 5 months ago? Smiley Happy

+1

Starting FICO Score: 10/1/12--EQ 512 | TU 492 | EX 524
Current FICO Score: 2/22/14--EQ 705 | TU 703 | EX 716
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Doh! I swear counted 6 mos, i used my fingers 'n everystuff. Lol
Message 8 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

@racer-x wrote:

I got this message for the first 7 months I had my Discover card.

Message 9 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I was actually checking my account recently and was wondering about the six month increase and then I remembered that it was 5 months too.  I am a little anxious about getting a 6 month increase, but will not push it.  I will wait for it, since I just got 3 new accounts!  They were already nervous about giving me the account because of new accounts and inquiries, so I will completely leave it up to them.

Be patient, sometimes it is better, but then again sometimes not.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.