cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another HP by Barclays... What does this mean??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another HP by Barclays... What does this mean??

Guys, I just got an alert from ck :

A new hard credit inquiry has been added to your TransUnion credit report submitted by BRCLYSBANKDE.

I got a call yesterday from Barclays and I was approved for a credit card with them, after I submitted the documents they requested.

I applied for a sallie mae card on sept 18 and I checked ck and got this:

The following inquiries have been added since your last score update on Sep 17, 2014:

Lender: Industry: Inquiry Date: Status:
1. BRCLYSBANKDE Bank Sep 18, 2014 Added
You now have 2 inquiries on your credit report.

Why would they do another HP, and what does it mean?

The score on ck is still the same, is this another HP going to affect my score?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Another HP by Barclays... What does this mean??

Are you sure you got another INQ? I know for me occasionally CK will kinda delay on telling me. Or it will tell me a new INQ like 3 times when its the same INQ on the original app date.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

Are you sure you got another INQ? I know for me occasionally CK will kinda delay on telling me. Or it will tell me a new INQ like 3 times when its the same INQ on the original app date.

I can't really tell tbh. I had one inq by Barclays when I first applied and it's a coincidence that I got approved yesterday and another HP.

But the score hasn't changed, so I really dunno.

Message 3 of 16
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

It might just be CK hiccuping. Like i mentioned it will repeat itself for like the same INQ 3 times or so, i would suggest checking your free report on CK and look for the INQ section to see how many times they pulled Smiley Happy
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 16
Luscher
Valued Contributor

CK is sketchy. Sometimes it will tell me I have a new account or a CLI but when I look, all it did was take the account of and add it again and same thing with CL. So don't trust it too much. I use it mostly to see how much I owe on my cards all in 1 place.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
CK is sketchy. Sometimes it will tell me I have a new account or a CLI but when I look, all it did was take the account of and add it again and same thing with CL. So don't trust it too much. I use it mostly to see how much I owe on my cards all in 1 place.

Either this ....or like Chase did to me... when I apped for my Freedom I got double pulled and at verification Chase happily did another double pull.. so I ended up with 4 HP for my Freedom Smiley Sad  ..now looking forward to the drop off in 2 months.

Message 6 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Creditkarma should be used strictly for entertainment purposes.  Get a copy of your report from TU directly if you want to know for sure.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something must have happen to their system. I had the same issue with them. It seems their system went back to 9/17. But I checked tonight and it has been corrected.   I am starting to find ck pretty useless my real TU is 702 they have mine st 647. 

Message 8 of 16
dize
Regular Contributor

I think I see what the issue is: your last credit karma update was on september 17th, so as of your last credit karma update, there was no inquiry by barclays, as your application was on the 18th. Since it just updated, it is giving you a notice of everything that has happened since the last update, which includes that one inquiry.

At least that's what makes sense to me, as the inquiry is dated september 18th, from what you posted.

Message 9 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

CK is definitely weird. You should see what it tells me about my student loans. The balances change by 4-8k every two weeks according to CK
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.