Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Happy Chase Recon Story!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Happy Chase Recon Story!

I apped for Chase Freedom card over the weekend, and I called today and found out I was denied. They pulled EQ which has 2 baddies showing, CA and repo. DOFD 2002. My score was 714 when they pulled.

Before I asked her to reconsider, she said "let me see what else you have on your report." She asked about my derogs, and my job. I explained that I am current on several TL today, with flawless history. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and told me "pending verification" she could give me $1400 CL (Chase Freedom) and I should get the card in 7-10 days. I wanted to ask for a bigger CL, but I thought, since the Recon was a sucess I should just leave it at that. She was very polite, friendly, and helpful. So far I have had good experiences with Chase CSR. 

This would not be a post without a question or two. 

What does she mean by "pending verification"? Over time, how is Chase with CLI's? and Since they pulled EQ for the initial, does that mean they will soft EQ for AR? My other reports are not as clean, and I have a freeze on TU.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Happy Chase Recon Story!

Great! I was shot down twice today because of collections and high usage.*sniff* *sniff*
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! DH attempted to recon with a 725 and she shot him down so fast, it wasn't even funny. The 3 baddies he has left fall off in less than 5 months and they are paid. Geez!  He scared to call back. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! DH attempted to recon with a 725 and she shot him down so fast, it wasn't even funny. The 3 baddies he has left fall off in less than 5 months and they are paid. Geez!  He scared to call back. Smiley Happy

He pulled the trigger, he should call back. I was feeling pretty discouraged, I was denied for a BOA and Nordstroms back in August, no luck on a recon. So far I am 1 and 2 for recons. It is worth a shot though. I am just kind of scared that Merrick may shut me down when the Chase card starts reporting. I am wanting to close my credit one bank card and this one should be a good replacement. 

Does anyone know how good Chase is with CLI? I dont want to push my luck up front but maybe in 6 months I can get an auto CLI?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Great! I was shot down twice today because of collections and high usage.*sniff* *sniff*

Pay your cards down and try back in 6 months. I dont understand how a higher util can always cause a denial, if you think about it, even though it looks risky, if you have a good established history, who cares? It's temporary anyways, I could max out some cards and pay them down in 3 months.Im sorry man, maybe try again. I was going to be persistant this time, I always give up too easily but I really want to get my foot in the door with some good cards/banks.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told the people (3 of them) just that. I also pointed out that even thought they are high right now, I have never been late on any of them. They said with the high usage and the collections, they just could not do it. If it was only one  thing, they probably would. I will tyr again in the summer.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a chase freedom, I applied and got a 2500 credit limit to start after 6 month of PIF, i asked for a CLI over the phone and stated that based on my payment history only a soft pull is necessary, and they granted me 6000k, its been about a year now.  i am curious if i call for a CLI if it will be granted.
Message 7 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i have a chase freedom, I applied and got a 2500 credit limit to start after 6 month of PIF, i asked for a CLI over the phone and stated that based on my payment history only a soft pull is necessary, and they granted me 6000k, its been about a year now.  i am curious if i call for a CLI if it will be granted.

You can try again and if you have continued to exhibit outstanding payment history, you should get some type of increase but i will warn you, Chase has always done a hard inquiry. So i know you may have requested a soft pull the first time but if you check your report, you will see a hard inquiry on your report for your last increase. You will receive another hard inquiry for this increase request.
Message Edited by oracles on 01-14-2009 12:14 AM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.