cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another MC World card that does report the CL (I hope!)

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Another MC World card that does report the CL (I hope!)

I don't know how long it's been sitting there, but I just saw an offer to switch my USAA Platinum MC to a World MC. The copy described the warranty protections, travel benefits, price protection, and so forth, and not a word about no pre-set limits. I called to confirm, and the CSR didn't know, but she checked and came back to say, no, it is not a no-pre-set limit card. (Wow, triple negative.)

So I've switched it over, and it already shows up as a World, and I suppose I'll be able to confirm that it reports normally after the statement drops on Christmas Eve. Assuming that I can find a way to pull a report that is. Smiley Tongue (Thanks ever so, TrueCredit!!)

So I guess that World MC is a rewards program that may or may not be associated with no pre-set limit cards, which may or may not report CL's.

eta: oh, and my APR dropped from prime + 5.9% to prime + 4.9%; that was a nice surprise. No mention of it until after I switched.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 12-20-2008 07:46 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another MC World card that does report the CL (I hope!)

Congrats on the upgrade!

Why not use Credit secure or Chase ID Protect for pulling reports? Those are still daily (atleast they were for me yesterday)

Keep us updated if you are able to find out if it does report the CL. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, it appears that the daily pulls on Chase ID are only for older subscribers, although I haven't investigated yet.

And I kinda hate the Experian product (CreditSecure), although I imagine that's where I'll wind up.

One thing about TU in my neck of the woods: 99% of the time it's the last CRA to update, so I suppose if something shows up as updated on TU, there's a reasonable chance that it's current on all three. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

stef37's and PurpleHaze's posts have been moved to the "Let's talk options now that Truecredit is done," after the first post wound up on the wrong thread.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.