Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Macy's post

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Another Macy's post

Well against my better judgement I went ahead today and applied online for the Macy's store card.  Hit the submit button and got the "Thank you for applying" page.  Nothing else.  I called the number that is on their website and spoke to someone......DENIED!

So very disappointed but of course I received a email from Macy's after sending them a few questions.  There answers sounded positive so I went and applied.

Should have gone to the store and applied. Smiley Sad 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Another Macy's post

Sorry to hear what happend to you. When you make purchase at the store and apply for the card it does help in the approval process. What is the reason they gave you for the denial? Some times they start you out with low CL and get you more CLI's later. I started my card with $100CL about 18 months ago and now it is at $4600 CL. Let us know what is the reason they gave you.
Message 2 of 12
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I will have to wait until tomorrow to call.  When I called they just told me that I was denied and that in 3-5 days I will get a response as to why the denial.

I am going to kick myself for doing this even though two items will be deleted from my reports hopefully by the end of the month.  I guess we live and learn.  Not to mention NEVER listed to a CSR.  This is the second time I listened to then (BofAm in MArch and now Macy's) and both times all I received are two inquires!!!!

I won't let that happen again!Smiley Wink 

Message 3 of 12
Established Member

Aquatic, did you get your fico score first before you applied to Macy's?  That is a must before applying to any cards.  once you see your score, that may give you your answer why you were denied.
Message 4 of 12
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Macy's pull EX so that is not an option.  I sent a email and asked them about 5 different questions and was told that based on the info I gave them I should be fine.  Of course they did not guarantee hence the "should" but it sounded a lot better than no!  I asked what scores they were looking for and was told as long as it was mid 500's and above that would be fine.

Since I was able to pull EX I have had three collections removed, paid off 3 additional collections that eill not delete and entered into a payment plan with AmEx's Optima program that will be completed in Sept. 

@dee wrote:
Aquatic, did you get your fico score first before you applied to Macy's?  That is a must before applying to any cards.  once you see your score, that may give you your answer why you were denied.

Message 5 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Wait six months and try it again. Hopefully by then your scores will be a little bit higher.
Message 6 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Wait six months and try it again. Hopefully by then your scores will be a little bit higher.

in store please, may get you better results!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

in store please, may get you better results!

I can't speak to that, but it well could.
Message 8 of 12
aquatic1
Established Contributor

will do a recon and if that doesn't work, I will try again in a few months.

Message 9 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I was approved for their card and my scores are lower than yours. 

I applied online.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.