Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Metal Card

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Metal Card

How do you sign or does the card come pre-signed based on the sig used on the paper app? Any pictures of the United Club card?

EDIT: Just found out the card comes pre-signed via laser etching.

Message 11 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The united club card looks very similar to the CSP, only with the united and chase logos on the front. The question now is: for those who didnt upgrade the CO PP, will the new united PP card being sent out later this year be metal as well?
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 32
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

aluminum? now that is something...not much though really, like a highly sought after metal Smiley Tongue

No no. I need to be more clear. This isnt just any aluminum, its special. It can buy you things that exist only in your wildest imagination. "But ill go into debt." Nonsense! Were in the 21st century people! Rub he card like a genie bottle and the magical al resets your current balance to $0.

Smiley Very Happy

I would pay any af for a card like that.

I can always count on you for a Sunday afternoon laugh.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 32
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Don't forget the Barclay's "Black Card" although i barely consider it metal

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

Don't forget the Barclay's "Black Card" although i barely consider it metal

Thats carbon.https://www.blackcard.com/

First paragraph says it.

Message 15 of 32
FrugalRican
Blogger

I thought this thread was going to be about you and BronxBomber both having apped for the Palladium.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I have my sights set on the CSP next year one thing that worries me about metal cards though is it true a lot of card readers have trouble reading the card? Would be great to have it as an everyday card but would be a hassle having to carry another card as a backup when the card reader can't take the CSP, then I miss out on some rewards by having to use another card.

Has anyone had trouble swiping metal cards at various places?

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I have my sights set on the CSP next year one thing that worries me about metal cards though is it true a lot of card readers have trouble reading the card? Would be great to have it as an everyday card but would be a hassle having to carry another card as a backup when the card reader can't take the CSP, then I miss out on some rewards by having to use another card.

Has anyone had trouble swiping metal cards at various places?

Never had real trouble. Sometimes the cashier has to swipe again but thats all. You can request the plastic card, no problem.

Message 18 of 32
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

I just made my metal card out of 26 gauge sheet metal and took my Orchard stripe and glued it. I used a magic marker to write my name on it too. Smiley LOL

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

I just made my metal card out of 26 gauge sheet metal and took my Orchard stripe and glued it. I used a magic marker to write my name on it too. Smiley LOL

26ga may be to thick. I am glad that you didnt forget to sign though!

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.