Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another NFCU Question...

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Another NFCU Question...

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

as some one stated they keep EQ frozen so navy pulled TU for a CC is this true will they pull TU if EQ frozen or tell u need to thaw EQ?

Not a trick at all. They pull both TU and EQ and I happened to only have TU opened when I was ready to app my cc. And rather than pay to unfreeze EQ they just automatically pulled TU when they saw EQ frozen. I called beforehand and asked did I need to thaw EQ and they said no. I did however have to thaw for the LOC. They will only pull EQ for that. CCs are either or.

Message 31 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

OK, I just went through the member application, and it appears that I'm in!  Smiley Very Happy

I'll still hold my breath for a bit, but it was actually completely seamless.  I had all the pertinent family information it requested, and it seemed to 'check' everything in real time.  I've already received the 'welcome' email, and it's assigned me an access number and an account number for the share account.

Now that the membership (and TU pull) is out of the way, I can take a breath and let things 'settle down' a bit.  I look forward to apping for a credit card with them at the end of next summer! 

dance.gif

Message 32 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have the membership number and the welcome email then you're set brother
Message 33 of 78
baller4life
Super Contributor

Welcome to the Navy Fed family UncleB! Smiley Happy
Message 34 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is definitely my second favorite lender.
Message 35 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you have the membership number and the welcome email then you're set brother

@baller4life wrote:
Welcome to the Navy FedfamilyUncleB! Smiley Happy

Awesome!  Thank you so much!!  Smiley Very Happy

I tried to login to the website, but it appears to be down for maintenance.  I double-checked my USAA checking account, and the debit for the initial deposit is showing up (I did $100) so hopefully that's a good sign as well.

The final screen gave my access number and share account number, and stated it would be sent via email as well.  Luckily I did a screen print, because the email they sent just says, "We're excited to welcome you..." but has no personal information.  I'll feel a bit better when I'm able to successfully log in and view my details - I guess I'm just paranoid... LOL

I'm feeling really good about this... I am fortunate that I found out about NFCU from you guys here, and that I hit the window with my brother just right as well... almost as if it were "meant to be"  Smiley Wink

Once again, thank you all very much for pointing me in the right direction on this (not just on this thread, but others as well...).  I'm excited about having NFCU in my 'arsenal' not just for my immediate needs/wants, but for the future as well.  Patience is a virtue, and in time I have a feeling good things will come from this... Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:  I'm able to log in successfully now, and everything seems to be in order!

Message 36 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

yay! now go online and do a CC app lol i wanna see your reaction when you're floored Smiley Wink lol

okay okay bad influence i know. blame the shiner bock
Message 37 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I know this is a credit card thread, and I don't want to stray too much from that topic, but I just want to add that I'm checking out the website now and it's quite nice. 

Also, I have an "offer" that says I'm 'Pre-Selected' for an auto loan.  Is this something everybody gets? 

I'm definitely not in the market for a car loan, but hopefully this is a sign that we are going to be 'buddies' when it credit card app time comes around! 

Message 38 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

based on my conversation with them tuesday night those offers are pre-selected based on credit and not everyone gets them. that means they want your business and you do qualify. approval is fast (typically in 30 minutes) and they will mail the docs and overnight you a check to purchase or refinance a vehicle.
Message 39 of 78
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Wish mine was as smooth. Maybe because my brother just joined? I don't know, for me it's been pretty rocky so far. Lol
Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.