Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another NFCU love story

tag
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Another NFCU love story

So, I know this doesnt need to be said, but I frickin love NFCU!!  Ive been a PenFed member for a couple years and they have been stingy to say the least!!  Well, I finally gave in and joined my 4th credit union and while on the phone I was told I was pre=approved for a couple things and so I figured, why not, apply for all since I was already taking the inquiry hit.  Here are the results

Line of Credit - Requested 15k (the largest amount) - received 10k

nRewards Mastercard - 12k

nRewards Visa - Still pending

Refinance of my car - 36k @ 4.9% (current rate was 6.55)

So, in conclusion, for one inquiry hit... I scored big time!!

NFCU will now be my main banking center until PenFed decides to step up to the plate.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another NFCU love story

@Lyythine wrote:

@Anonymous of my car - 36k @ 4.9% (current rate was 6.55)

Congrats yes you did score big time....

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You made out like a fat rat at a cheese festival. Congrats!
Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome CLs!
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:

So, I know this doesnt need to be said, but I frickin love NFCU!!  Ive been a PenFed member for a couple years and they have been stingy to say the least!!  Well, I finally gave in and joined my 4th credit union and while on the phone I was told I was pre=approved for a couple things and so I figured, why not, apply for all since I was already taking the inquiry hit.  Here are the results

@Anonymous of my car - 36k @ 4.9% (current rate was 6.55)

NFCU will now be my main banking center until PenFed decides to step up to the plate.

Smiley Very Happy It's great to see this love being passed around, I myself don't have a NFCU account because i don't have any family or friends in the military. But if that should change i would join in a heart beat because i hear allot of great things about that CU, I'm with Alliant now..they are treating me ok so I'm happy. So Congrats on your BIG HAUL sounds like you deserve it. Smiley Wink

King

Message 5 of 7
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats! It's nice to see your hard work is finally paying off.
Message 6 of 7
mt2va
Established Contributor

I'm also a huge fan of NFCU!  I've only been a member for 2 months & only have a small amount in savings account with them & they have approved me for 2 CC this month with less than stellar FICO scores to say the least.  I plan to re-fi my car with them soon. 

I had never heard of them until I started hanging out on credit/finance boards.  I had to get my dad to join (he's retired air force) so I could join but it was well worth it! 

IMHO CU are so much better than banks.  Its just not as convenient to deal with them so I still have my regular bank for everyday stuff. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.