Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another One Down!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another One Down!

Earlier this year, I put a plan in place to pay off my credit cards as quickly as possible (I took on a second job to do this).  And while my original order of payoff has been altered a bit, I'm still on track and paid another off today. Smiley Very Happy  Since mid-January, I have been able to pay off Wal-mart, Capital One, JCPenney, Car Care One, and now Chase!  I still have Discover and Citi to pay off, but they are still safely in the "no interest" period, so they will get paid a bit later.  Some of the paid balances weren't huge, but a balance is a balance, and it feels good to bring them to 0! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Another One Down!

@Anonymous wrote:

Earlier this year, I put a plan in place to pay off my credit cards as quickly as possible (I took on a second job to do this).  And while my original order of payoff has been altered a bit, I'm still on track and paid another off today. Smiley Very Happy  Since mid-January, I have been able to pay off Wal-mart, Capital One, JCPenney, Car Care One, and now Chase!  I still have Discover and Citi to pay off, but they are still safely in the "no interest" period, so they will get paid a bit later.  Some of the paid balances weren't huge, but a balance is a balance, and it feels good to bring them to 0! Smiley Very Happy

AWESOME! Great work! It is a great feeling for sure.

We had 4 to pay off and our debt was large. One left to go and it will be gone in 5 months or less.... Just watch your score jump.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 4
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome!  And, yes, it's a great feeling to see those $0 balances.

I've been on a plan this year to pay off 14 cards - just paid #6, with only 8 remaining.  Like you, my last card to hit $0 will be my Citi with the 0% balance transfer (good through 5/13 if I need to stretch it out that long).

You should experience a very nice score increase after you've paid everything off.  Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 3 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Good Job!!  Keep up the good work.  Make your credit work for you and not the other way around.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.