Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Question - How many inquiries may a company make

tag
susanhannah
Established Member

Another Question - How many inquiries may a company make

I posted yesterday about AMEX sending my account to a CA, even though my payments have been on time and I pay above the minimum.  I obtained my credit reports from all three agencies and found that the CA made four inquiries on April 28th and four on April 29th.  This appears on all three reports.
Is that within their rights to so?

Thanks,

SusanHannah

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: Another Question - How many inquiries may a company make

susanhannah wrote:
I posted yesterday about AMEX sending my account to a CA, even though my payments have been on time and I pay above the minimum.  I obtained my credit reports from all three agencies and found that the CA made four inquiries on April 28th and four on April 29th.  This appears on all three reports.
Is that within their rights to so?

Thanks,

SusanHannah

This is easily one of the craziest things I've ever heard of!  Unless there is something on the UA with Amex, I can't imagine they have any right to pull your credit.  Were they hard or soft inquiries?
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pintos v. Pacific Creditors in the 9th Circuit ruled that a CA does NOT have PP if they are collecting on a non-credit-related transaction.

There has been some discussion on these forums about whether a CA has PP to pull a hard inquiry for credit-related transactions.  I maintain that they do, but others disagree with me.  The issue has not been settled by a court, AFAIK.

Having said that, four inquiries is outrageous.

Message 3 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Is it possible that someone gained access to your account and made fraudulent charges? Perhaps an AU did something bad?

Have you talked to Amex as to why your account in good standing has been sent to collections?
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pintos v. Pacific Creditors in the 9th Circuit ruled that a CA does NOT have PP if they are collecting on a non-credit-related transaction.

There has been some discussion on these forums about whether a CA has PP to pull a hard inquiry for credit-related transactions. I maintain that they do, but others disagree with me. The issue has not been settled by a court, AFAIK.

Having said that, four inquiries is outrageous.

If it has been ruled they can't pull a hard on a non-credit transaction, doesn't that mean that is de facto ruled that they do have PP on a credit transaction?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.