Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Unsatisfied Cap1 Customer

tag
saaws
New Contributor

Re: Another Unsatisfied Cap1 Customer

LOL That's such a interesting way of seeing it - hidden message to other banks.

Smiley Sad Am in the same boat, started with unsecured $500 and never received an increase for 2 years.  But I am keeping my crap 1 card for now because the APR decreased to 5.90%.. which is quite amazingly low. but once if I get $59 af notice, I will ditch them so fast - especially since I got $5K limit card from Chase a month ago Smiley Tongue

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saaws wrote:

LOL That's such a interesting way of seeing it - hidden message to other banks.

Smiley Sad Am in the same boat, started with unsecured $500 and never received an increase for 2 years.  But I am keeping my crap 1 card for now because the APR decreased to 5.90%.. which is quite amazingly low. but once if I get $59 af notice, I will ditch them so fast - especially since I got $5K limit card from Chase a month ago Smiley Tongue

It sure does make sense.  If someone has a more logical answer I'd love to hear it.

Message 22 of 26
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Well here's my message to Cap 1, see you later.  I will pay off my account within the next few months (my annual fee isn't due until August), open a Credit Union Credit CArd, and cancel Cap 1.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish crap one would send me a letter. I would close the card right away

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah good old crap one.  I have been with them for over 2 years.  I have a classic platinum.  They refuse to give me a CLI but send me preapproved offers for new cards.  Just what I need another crap one with a 500 dollar limit.  I will just stick with Amex credit limit is 10x higher but it has to be paid off every month.  Its a better card because I pay off all of my balances before they are due.

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a not too recent consumer credit segment on TV and, if my CRS isn't acting up again, they spoke to one scumbag at CrapOne who suggested they like to approve multiple cards so that their customer count remains high -- each card is a customer.  That way they can claim to be the largest issuer of, say, Visa cards and get significantly better pricing terms from Visa / MasterCard.

They don't call them CrapOne for nothing.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.