Frequent Contributor
shorrttyycm1

Re: Another Walmart cc?...

Thnx for advice bichonmom...I have about 21 mnths post w/ 5 positive trade lines no negs other than iib acts and bk7 itself. The denial letter only listed reason was bankruptcy? I have never had a GE card, the only store card i ever had was kohls.
My scores were Eq 656 TU 661.

idk...so confused.

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Rhaeny

shorrttyycm1 wrote:
Thnx for advice bichonmom...I have about 21 mnths post w/ 5 positive trade lines no negs other than iib acts and bk7 itself. The denial letter only listed reason was bankruptcy? I have never had a GE card, the only store card i ever had was kohls.

idk...so confused.

Like I said....call them back!  Plead your case to someone who will listen.  There was a thread here just recently about a lady who was denied a Chase card.  She REALLY REALLY wanted it but she got the denial letter just like you did.  She called back 5 times until she finally got approved.

Here is the thread....maybe it will give you some inspiration

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

shorrttyycm1 wrote:

idk...so confused.

Seems like you should have been approved, even w/a low starting CL. How long ago did you app? If it was within 30 days, then try calling the backdoor #. Most have reported no luck with this, but couldn't hurt to try. If longer than 30 days, then maybe reapply.

Alternatively, call and ask for a supervisor. If it's been over 30 days, they probably would need to do another HP, though. Maybe a supervisor could enlighten you as to the 2 year waiting period. Maybe say you have a friend (us!) who got a Walmart card less than 2 yrs post Bk, so why do they have the requirement for you and not for your friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Frequent Contributor
shorrttyycm1

Rhaeny & bichonmom,
Thank u both! It has been about 42 days since my app. I'm gnna take ur advice (both) and call. Can't hurt right...wish me luck..i thnk I'm gnna nd it :-(
Rhaeny..thnx for the link!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+