Frequent Contributor

Re: Another Walmart cc?...

Thnx for advice bichonmom...I have about 21 mnths post w/ 5 positive trade lines no negs other than iib acts and bk7 itself. The denial letter only listed reason was bankruptcy? I have never had a GE card, the only store card i ever had was kohls.
My scores were Eq 656 TU 661.

idk...so confused.

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

shorrttyycm1 wrote:
Thnx for advice bichonmom...I have about 21 mnths post w/ 5 positive trade lines no negs other than iib acts and bk7 itself. The denial letter only listed reason was bankruptcy? I have never had a GE card, the only store card i ever had was kohls.

idk...so confused.

Like I said....call them back!  Plead your case to someone who will listen.  There was a thread here just recently about a lady who was denied a Chase card.  She REALLY REALLY wanted it but she got the denial letter just like you did.  She called back 5 times until she finally got approved.

Here is the thread....maybe it will give you some inspiration

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Senior Contributor

shorrttyycm1 wrote:

idk...so confused.

Seems like you should have been approved, even w/a low starting CL. How long ago did you app? If it was within 30 days, then try calling the backdoor #. Most have reported no luck with this, but couldn't hurt to try. If longer than 30 days, then maybe reapply.

Alternatively, call and ask for a supervisor. If it's been over 30 days, they probably would need to do another HP, though. Maybe a supervisor could enlighten you as to the 2 year waiting period. Maybe say you have a friend (us!) who got a Walmart card less than 2 yrs post Bk, so why do they have the requirement for you and not for your friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Frequent Contributor

Rhaeny & bichonmom,
Thank u both! It has been about 42 days since my app. I'm gnna take ur advice (both) and call. Can't hurt right...wish me luck..i thnk I'm gnna nd it :-(
Rhaeny..thnx for the link!!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.