myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Another amex thread...

@jamesdwi wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Hello folks. Im sure this question has been asked several times but here it goes again...

I need a rough, or accurate idea of what amex requires for approval on their Blue Cash Everyday card. I'd like another card to cycle with my Chase Freedom for things such as gas etc. One that is generous with CLI's as I've heard Chase is not.

I'm still waiting for my scores to update as I just payed off a huge chunk of utilization. So I can't give an accurate score atm. I still however am probably around 50% utilization. 

My average age of credit is about 2.5yrs with a 3yr installment loan being the oldest. I've never missed a payment. I have no delinquencies or derogatory marks. With I believe 5 inquiries in the past year. 

What's really killing my score atm is high utilization and low credit limits and/or not enough open accounts.

Let me know!

After you paid off the chunk you'll still be at 50%?

I was at 67% I will be at 50% +/- 1% when score watch updates. I paid off about 1k... which is a huge chunk in my opinion.

Ok I see now 

While score and everything else looks good and I don't see you having a problem being approved I would wait until UTL is a little lower to get a good APR and CL

has the approval requirements for BCE really fallen to 649?  That is part of the OPs signature... seems low to me, or am I missing somethigng?.  I would think 675 would be the lowest I would expect to be approved for first AMEX revolver. 

Just found OP is using EX FAKO score so all this is a wash with high UTL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 29
KJamesJR
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Hello folks. Im sure this question has been asked several times but here it goes again...

I need a rough, or accurate idea of what amex requires for approval on their Blue Cash Everyday card. I'd like another card to cycle with my Chase Freedom for things such as gas etc. One that is generous with CLI's as I've heard Chase is not.

I'm still waiting for my scores to update as I just payed off a huge chunk of utilization. So I can't give an accurate score atm. I still however am probably around 50% utilization. 

My average age of credit is about 2.5yrs with a 3yr installment loan being the oldest. I've never missed a payment. I have no delinquencies or derogatory marks. With I believe 5 inquiries in the past year. 

What's really killing my score atm is high utilization and low credit limits and/or not enough open accounts.

Let me know!

I was at 67% I will be at 50% +/- 1% when score watch updates. I paid off about 1k... which is a huge chunk in my opinion.

Ok I see now 

While score and everything else looks good and I don't see you having a problem being approved I would wait until UTL is a little lower to get a good APR and CL

Will do. The good thing about having very low available credit is the utl begins to drop drastically after the 50% mark.

Starting Score: 510
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 29
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Okay, but what is backdating exactly?

with AMEX after your first card, is given the year of your membership start date, so if you applied for a Charge card in october, you would get a membership date of 2014, so card would be dated  10/2014, when you recieve your second card say in  January 2015, its date  will appear on your credit report as  1 (month applied)/2014(membership year), so 9 months older than your first AMEX card, one of the best reasons to into the AMEX family.  The same pattern will happen on all future amex cards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 13 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Let me know!

Ok I see now 

Will do. The good thing about having very low available credit is the utl begins to drop drastically after the 50% mark.

Check your real FICO scores after UTL is paid down with no baddies every time you pay UTL lower and lower scores should shoot up but your way to low currently for an Amex revolver 

I agree with James 680 min 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 29
KJamesJR
Established Member

@jamesdwi wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Let me know!

Ok I see now 

has the approval requirements for BCE really fallen to 649?  That is part of the OPs signature... seems low to me, or am I missing somethigng?.  I would think 675 would be the lowest I would expect to be approved for first AMEX revolver. 

I have not changed my current score goal score because score watch hasn't updated for me in literally 2 months. Dont know what it is currently. I've opened two new accounts abouth three months ago which added available credit, but I've also used the cards. Prior to opening these two accounts, my score was actually 660(eq). Sorry for the confusion.

Message 15 of 29
KJamesJR
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@tjones9234 wrote:
I can tell you north of 680 on Experian.. They use the same experian score sold here.. Plus internal methods

I pulled my score directly from Experian on the 20th of august. Before paying down my cards. That score was 645. I'm assuming myfico uses that same score no? So perhaps after paying down my utilization I could possibly have breached that 680 mark... maybe.

No EX score is a FAKO only trust myFico scores

Well that is obsurd. They charge people for fake scores? Why can't Experian just give their customers they're real score?

Message 16 of 29
KJamesJR
Established Member

@jamesdwi wrote:

Okay, but what is backdating exactly?

with AMEX after your first card, is given the year of your membership start date, so if you applied for a Charge card in october, you would get a membership date of 2014, so card would be dated  10/2014, when you recieve your second card say in  January 2015, its date  will appear on your credit report as  1 (month applied)/2014(membership year), so 9 months older than your first AMEX card, one of the best reasons to into the AMEX family.  The same pattern will happen on all future amex cards. 

Well that's a nice perk.

On a side note: sorry it's taking so long to reply to you guys. I'm not on a legit computer atm and myfico is a little finicky for android devices it seems.

Message 17 of 29
KJamesJR
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Let me know!

Ok I see now 

Check your real FICO scores after UTL is paid down with no baddies every time you pay UTL lower and lower scores should shoot up but your way to low currently for an Amex revolver 

Okay. Is there a way to isolate Experian and raise that score a little more independently?

Message 18 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@KJamesJR wrote:

Let me know!

Ok I see now 

Okay. Is there a way to isolate Experian and raise that score a little more independently?

UTL is the answer for you on all 3 CB's 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lower utilization.

Got approved for the Delta Gold at 3k starting limit with a 710 myfico score.

Got 18.99% Apr

BUT I was at 40% utilization.

If I applied when that was lower I'd get a higher limit and if not lower APR.

Its worth waiting for.

I know I'm waiting till next year now to apply for the BCE so my scores can go back up after the app spree and my utilization can go down.
Also backdating!
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.