Did you mean: 

Another couple 5/24 questions

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Another couple 5/24 questions

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I have four Chase offers with solid interest rates, and I'm right at 5/24… or more accurately, around 5/8. Does that mean that I'm exempt from 5/24?

Means you're 'exempt' only for those 4 preapprovals.  Any others that are under the 5/24 that do not receive preapprovals like the United card are still an issue.

Thanks. That's good to know. I was wondering because I didn't see any of the green check marks that others have occasionally mentioned. I'm not in a rush to apply for anything, but when I do, Chase is a possible fit for me.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase has two different preapproval pathways, one of which is only available to existing customers.

The first is their standard preapproval page: you don't need to login, simply input name, DOB, last 4 of SSN, etc., and click submit. Preapprovals here are generally considered solid for anyone under 5/24 (I'm not certain what the verdict is for over 5/24), but these will never have a green check.

The second is within the Chase portal itself in the "Offers for You" tab. These preapprovals are equivalent to "in-branch" preapprovals, and are NOT subject to the 5/24 rule. This is where the green check appears.

Message 22 of 25
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I've never seen the "offers for you" tab. Where do I look for it?

I see the offers on the standard pre-approval page as described above. I also see them when I log into Chase's Credit Journey page.

Message 23 of 25
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Do you have any accounts with Chase?, cause on the app it's on the left side (IOS
Message 24 of 25
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Yes, I have a credit card, checking account, and savings account.

In the app (iPad), I don't see anything on the left except for my three accounts. I don't see anything about offers in the "More" menu either.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.