Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another prime for me?

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Another prime for me?

Yes, you need the actual card to register. When I logged in the first time, it showed me my fico score and I think it updates once a month
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 11 of 17
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Cool beans..hopefully my card comes this weekend. I am dying to see the difference in scoring between this TU version sold here and the Walmart version.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 12 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

We can't really recommend a useful option unless you let us know what your spending profile is.

Prime is in the eye of the beholder, and honestly it's far better to have a card which works for you than one which is "prime" by whatever arbitrary definition the forum here applies to it.

I think the advice most of the thread has given is absolutely sound: you have a decent lineup between the revolving category Discover More, the BOFA card which I'm just guessing is the 1-2-3 rewards... or if not, call them and get the rewards package added.  The BOFA card especially isn't a bad everyday / default card for folks in our credit strata, and you have more than enough tradelines now from a pure FICO perspective.

Unless there's some particular rewards set which fits well with your expenditures, you're far better off just holding pat for a while and taking the year for a couple CLI's and letting those CA's age off if you can't get them GW'd if paid / PFD'd if unpaid.  

You're just not in a bad spot now (other than the itch pretty much everyone gets on these forums seeing the various approval threads), and in 2014 you're going to look REALLY pretty report wise from the sounds of it.  At that point, simply pick whatever your goal cards are and apply for them then and you'll have a very good chance of being approved for all of them.

        
Message 13 of 17
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

We can't really recommend a useful option unless you let us know what your spending profile is.

Prime is in the eye of the beholder, and honestly it's far better to have a card which works for you than one which is "prime" by whatever arbitrary definition the forum here applies to it.

I think the advice most of the thread has given is absolutely sound: you have a decent lineup between the revolving category Discover More, the BOFA card which I'm just guessing is the 1-2-3 rewards... or if not, call them and get the rewards package added.  The BOFA card especially isn't a bad everyday / default card for folks in our credit strata, and you have more than enough tradelines now from a pure FICO perspective.

Unless there's some particular rewards set which fits well with your expenditures, you're far better off just holding pat for a while and taking the year for a couple CLI's and letting those CA's age off if you can't get them GW'd if paid / PFD'd if unpaid.  

You're just not in a bad spot now (other than the itch pretty much everyone gets on these forums seeing the various approval threads), and in 2014 you're going to look REALLY pretty report wise from the sounds of it.  At that point, simply pick whatever your goal cards are and apply for them then and you'll have a very good chance of being approved for all of them.

I am good with the rewards that Discover has right now. I am basically just using the discover and boa cards as debit cards right now and then paying them off when I get paid. The bofa card is americash  99/500  so I don't know if I am eligible for the 1-2-3 rewards you are talking about.

As far as the CA account that is showing. I disputed it and the credit agency has kept it on there showing that it has been disputed so I assume the company validated it. It's from a pet hospital that I paid for at time of service. So I don't know why they are showing I owe them anything. What should I do from here? Is that where I should send the collection agecny a letter asking to send me proof?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 14 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure on the Americash card but If the rewards are less than the 1-2-3 I'd call the BOFA secured card group on Monday and see about correcting that. AFAIK they will add it to virtually any card upon request now. Unfortunately the group you likely need to talk to on that only works weekdays.

Not sure on the CA post dispute, there's a ton of information on the rebuilding board on such things, is worth taking a read through it on handling collections.

        
Message 15 of 17
calihlove75
Established Contributor

You could file a bbb complaint. I had good results going that route when everything else failed. Do you have proof of it being paid by chance?

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 16 of 17
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

You could file a bbb complaint. I had good results going that route when everything else failed. Do you have proof of it being paid by chance?

The problem is, I took my cat to the pet hospital (after hours) when he was severely injured. Those type places make you pay then and I did. His surgery was going to be alot so I checked at my vet when they opened the next day and decided they would do the surgery there and they were going to put me on a payment plan. So that is what I did. I had to pay to get my cat from the pet hospital so I could not owe them anything. Nothing has ever been sent and no calls have ever came in about oweing the money. When I checked my credit and saw it on there, I immediately disputed it but it still there....just showing as disputed. The hospital won't talk to me about it because it is with collections now. I am scared to call them because if I talk to them, it will update my collection right? I need to check the other forums as someone said and see if sending a letter disputing the account is the best way. I have not done that yet.

As far as proof I paid the orignal bill, I could probably request it from my bank but it's been so long ago. The bill was alot more than 95.00 though.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.