Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "ZERO" balances all across.

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Another "ZERO" balances all across.

Yup, got tired of trying to keep 1-3% util for max score.

My total CL is about 60k+ (Gonna let everything age.. my AAOA is 3.1 atm). I want 100k in total CL by mid of next year.

I went ahead and PIF on that one card that has been lingering to get that 1-3% util.

Gonna sit back and garden, and let everything update (the end of this month) and see how much of a drop in scores.

Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Another "ZERO" balances all across.

Remember credit score is a snapshot in time.  Since reported utilization can be changed so easily, no need to manage reported utilization that carefully until a credit event is going to occur.  So a month or so before apping for credit, sculpt the perfect reported utilization then.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Remember credit score is a snapshot in time.  Since reported utilization can be changed so easily, no need to manage reported utilization that carefully until a credit event is going to occur.  So a month or so before apping for credit, sculpt the perfect reported utilization then.

Smiley Surprised True, very true. I'm glad to just PIF and not worrying about that 1% util LOL. Maybe I'll just use something and let it reported. Most of my lenders see a PIFs before statement cuts.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 12
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

I like this comment. I think it applies to so much with regards to building and maintaining excellent credit. Thanks for the reminder!

Message 4 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

I like this comment. I think it applies to so much with regards to building and maintaining excellent credit. Thanks for the reminder!

And rather than do what the OP did (PIF before statement on all cards), it makes a little more financial sense to pay as late as possible on all cards (i.e. set all autopays to PIF on due date).   Then, as Crashem says, worry about managing reported utilization only when needed.

Message 5 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Good comments, I love this board.

Message 6 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

And rather than do what the OP did (PIF before statement on all cards), it makes a little more financial sense to pay as late as possible on all cards (i.e. set all autopays to PIF on due date).   Then, as Crashem says, worry about managing reported utilization only when needed.

I nerver thought of it that way. Since all card is "zero" across the board, I may start using one card, let it report, PIF, while using another card.

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

My total CL is about 60k+ (Gonna let everything age.. my AAOA is 3.1 atm). I want 100k in total CL by mid of next year.

I went ahead and PIF on that one card that has been lingering to get that 1-3% util.

Gonna sit back and garden, and let everything update (the end of this month) and see how much of a drop in scores.

Smiley Very Happy

Update when you find out how it works I'm interested Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 12
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

crazy to remember how that was my goal merely 8 months ago, I blew that through the ceiling pretty hard after I then did 3x CLI on the amex

in a couple months I am going to go for the maximum credit line a particular institution offers, that would be gold

Message 9 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: My scores stay the same according to Amex credit secure. I can't really tell since its a fako.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.