cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "how does a CC report" question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another "how does a CC report" question.

Hello,

Just got auto upgraded to the Citi Platinum Select World Mastercard.  Anybody know how this reports?  My BofA World Card reports the credit limit and my US Bank Visa Signature reports the limit so I was wondering the same about the Citicard.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another "how does a CC report" question.

It varies. Some world cards seem to report a credit limit and some do not. My Citi AA World MC does not report a balance. I was approved for the Chase Continental OnePass Plus World MC and I won't know if it reports for a month or two.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another "how does a CC report" question.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Just got auto upgraded to the Citi Platinum Select World Mastercard.  Anybody know how this reports?  My BofA World Card reports the credit limit and my US Bank Visa Signature reports the limit so I was wondering the same about the Citicard.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same CC. Here's how its reporting on all three of my CRs:

EQ: reporting the CL, but not a high balance

EX: no CL or high balance is reporting

TU: no CL or high balance is reporting

When any CC doesn't report a CL, FICO scoring then looks for a high balance. If a CC doesn't report a CL and a high balance, the CC will not factor in FICO utilization scoring calculations.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.