Valued Member
Maclover

Another "how does a CC report" question.

Hello,

Just got auto upgraded to the Citi Platinum Select World Mastercard.  Anybody know how this reports?  My BofA World Card reports the credit limit and my US Bank Visa Signature reports the limit so I was wondering the same about the Citicard.

Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

Re: Another "how does a CC report" question.

It varies. Some world cards seem to report a credit limit and some do not. My Citi AA World MC does not report a balance. I was approved for the Chase Continental OnePass Plus World MC and I won't know if it reports for a month or two.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Another "how does a CC report" question.

Maclover wrote:

Hello,

Just got auto upgraded to the Citi Platinum Select World Mastercard.  Anybody know how this reports?  My BofA World Card reports the credit limit and my US Bank Visa Signature reports the limit so I was wondering the same about the Citicard.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same CC. Here's how its reporting on all three of my CRs:

EQ: reporting the CL, but not a high balance

EX: no CL or high balance is reporting

TU: no CL or high balance is reporting

When any CC doesn't report a CL, FICO scoring then looks for a high balance. If a CC doesn't report a CL and a high balance, the CC will not factor in FICO utilization scoring calculations.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}