Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another update on my journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update on my journey

Hello everyone, 

Jut wated to share my latest update in rebuilding, my credit. Over 7 yrs ago I went through my worst days in life financially after my divorce. When it was all done my credit took a Huge nose dive and worst, I was not financially stable.  The good news is I was able sell my home and my paid off my car.  the biggest issues were credit debt. Now looking back, it wasn't much, I simply lacked information on how to handle it.  For seven years I had no credit cards, I was all cash paying client for everything.  

The the past year I'm finally in a place that I'm ready to become a homeowner again. I'm a single mom and have been handling and saving my money  like crazy! I realized that I needed to work on my credit score so I spoke to my bank and BofA gave me 99/500 secured card with no APR for 15mos, waived annual AF, and cash back rewards. So far I love it as I put groceries and gas on it.  I then did the shopping cart trick with VS and got approved for $500.  So far so good with it as well.  I will get all my pjs and bikinis on there 😁.  

After learning so much on here I decided to do the prequalification on Chase and was happily approved for the Freedom for $2200.  It has been great so far.  

Well today I received preapproval for Capital Bank and went on there and gave it a try. I got the MasterCard for no annual fee, APR of 22.9 and limit of $500. I was also offered the Quicksilver for $300 and AF of $39. 

So so now I'm sporting BofA, VS, Chase freedom, Cap One MC , and Cap One QS. I'm not one bit concerne with APR and low AF as I only spend for what has been budgeted so I PIF.  

Now, I was supposed to be gardeing until the end of the year when applying for a mortgage. I'm a numbers person, so I'm always crunching numbers. I have decide that my goals of being home owner again would not happen realistically until Feb 2016, and I'm ok with that. This is the only reason I opted for the latest credit cards addition! So now it truly is all about gargdening.  I hope one year of working my cards in the garden it will put me in solid footing for being homeowner again. 

Any advice and thoughts are all welcomed. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Another update on my journey

CONGRATS on your credit journey success. After 6 mths, request a PC to a regular QuickSilver (without the AF) and an APR reduction on both Cap1 cards. After the first 9 mths, Hit the luv button on your VS card every 3 months, it will definitely GROW with you!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats...use them wisely and garden. Will give you a nice footing for next year!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissMoni223 wrote:

CONGRATS on your credit journey success. After 6 mths, request a PC to a regular QuickSilver (without the AF) and an APR reduction on both Cap1 cards. After the first 9 mths, Hit the luv button on your VS card every 3 months, it will definitely GROW with you!!!

Ahh, good to know!  BUT I am still a bit confused about how these SP and HP work.  So pretty much all were supposed to be SP and they all have shown HP on my end, unless I am not reading my EX report correctly.  It tells me all of the inquiries, but it does not say if it is HP or SP.  When I look at the section for inguiries ir only shows SP and none of the ones recently show up.  Hope that makes sense.  So my guess is that if I do what you say above, will it be HP or SP?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.