cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiousely waiting for PenFed decision...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anxiousely waiting for PenFed decision...

It has been earily quiet. Applied last night....have not heard anything yet. I got the savings account and then applied for a cash rewards visa and got the message that it had to be reviewed. It is quiet.......I am anxiousely awaiting.  Average wait time ?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anxiousely waiting for PenFed decision...

some is instant, some not.... I got both cards they have, but when i went for a sig loan they turned me down lol, i was stacking debts, and they said that means to many new acct's, and theirs was the only new ones lol
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been nearly 24 hours and STILL not a peep from PenFed. Very strange.  Is this what everyone here has been boasting about excellent "customer service"  ? I beg to differ.
Message 3 of 19
Scamp
Valued Contributor

firstinlastout wrote:
It's been nearly 24 hours and STILL not a peep from PenFed. Very strange.  Is this what everyone here has been boasting about excellent "customer service"  ? I beg to differ.

24-48 hours to process is not unusual for them, and they normally let you know that's typical turn-around time on an app.  Have you checked your status online?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's been nearly 24 hours and STILL not a peep from PenFed. Very strange. Is this what everyone here has been boasting about excellent "customer service" ? I beg to differ.

Have you tried the telephone? You applied on Sunday? Call they might need some info or they might have a few weekend apps on their desks. Good luck.
Message 5 of 19
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Call them up and ask about the status - ask if there is anything they need from you. That will move the ball forward.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still don't understand how I can access my online status. Sunday night I applied and got the savings account....the email I received stated that my account information would be mailed to me. There was no online account access information provided to me after I applied online. Am I missing something  here ?

It's 6pm EST here....I am assuming they are closed and I shouldn't call ?

My point here though and I do not mean to come across condescending, but they are trying to earn my business....why should I have to call ? 
Message 7 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I still don't understand how I can access my online status. Sunday night I applied and got the savings account....the email I received stated that my account information would be mailed to me. There was no online account access information provided to me after I applied online. Am I missing something here ?
My point here though and I do not mean to come across condescending, but they are trying to earn my business....why should I have to call ?

Penfed is open 24 hours a day. Call now.
Message 8 of 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I still don't understand how I can access my online status. Sunday night I applied and got the savings account....the email I received stated that my account information would be mailed to me. There was no online account access information provided to me after I applied online. Am I missing something here ?

There is a button to click on the application. Its been a while so I am not sure which one. Rather than hit the wrong button and re apply why not save yourself the grief and make a simple phone call. That is why they are there. You will be most happy with this lender. Believe me.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

do i call their main number or their credit department ?
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.