Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiously awaiting my Barclays 6th statement

tag
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Re: Anxiously awaiting my Barclays 6th statement

Good luck to you!  I PIF mine for the first 3 months before statement cut and then carried balance the next three.  I wasn't even aware of the 6 mth trigger and got my CLI a couple weeks ago.  4K on a 2.5K starting limit.

So far i have no complaints about Barclay.  Keep us posted.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 11 of 20
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

My first Barclay Rewards card went from $1300 to $2600 at the 6 month mark, I was shocked!  Very happy with my Barclay cards (3) hoping I get the same auto luv on my Sallie card when 6 months hits. 

Message 12 of 20
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Just starting out with them so stuck until December. Do they pull your credit again when they do auto cli? 

Message 13 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Superman85 wrote:

Just starting out with them so stuck until December. Do they pull your credit again when they do auto cli? 

sp maybe but auto cli won't be hp. it's mostly account history.

Message 14 of 20
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@peanut42182 wrote:
Hope they triple mine when the time comes!! Good luck

Has this ever happened? It would be great... : )

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 15 of 20
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

My 6th statement cut last week, they upped my limit from 4K to 8K.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 16 of 20
EW800
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

I Can't believe I've had my Barclays rewards MasterCard for almost 6 months now! My 6th statement will cut in 2 weeks, and I'm hoping for an automatic CLI! I've used this card a ton, and have made big payments $200-$700 every week or so. Current limit is $1500, 2/6 statements I let a small balance report, then pif, and the other 4 statements I  pif to a $0 balance before statement cut.  Sure hoping they double My current limit.  We shall see.

Good luck and please be sure to let us know what they do for you.  I would think that you would be a very good candidate with making weekly payments and not letting much or anything report.   Looking forward to hearing what they do for you.  

I am just on my second statement with them, so I have a ways to go.  Like you, I am letting little or nothing report and making weekly payments.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 17 of 20
LeadingMan
New Contributor

Hopefully u have better luck than me. My 6th cut on the 23rd. No auto luv. That along with the World Elite upgrade debacle has this card on the chopping block in 5 more months. I will be downgrading to no AF version, closing my US Air and reallocating the credit line (if possible since it's co branded) and sockdrawering a $12.5k CL. I prefer CSP anyway. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 18 of 20
JGuz649
Valued Member

Mine cut last week with no CL either. The two main factors which likely hurt an Auto CLI was an original increase from $500 to $2000 at account approval and a recon approval for US Airways in June. I have no complaints however as Barclay has been very good to me. Best of luck in getting your auto CLI!

Chase 17k - CSP/ IHG/ Hyatt || JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton 5k || AMEX 3.3k - SPG || Barclay 5k - US Airways/NFL || BoA 16k - Alaska Airlines || Citi - Best Buy 2k. EX 732

Now happily in the garden Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 20
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Yes, yes! Keep us posted! My 6th stmt cuts soon as well! Hoping for some auto love🙏
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.