cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 1 have a Discover MORE & a Discover IT card?

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

Any 1 have a Discover MORE & a Discover IT card?

Just curious if it's possible to have both cards at the same time. Smiley Surprised

I got a More card about 26 months ago or so. I was shocked to get a $6000 limit on it since I was rebuilding my credit, scores were in the 650 range. My scores are now in the 710 range.

I've since paid off quite a bit of debt. I used to get BT offers on my More card but haven't gotten 1 since last January. I did get an auto CLI though so I'm up to $7800 now.

I just paid off my More card about 2 weeks ago which had a $4500 balance on it.

I was hoping Discover would offer me a BT, as they used to offer me them all the time. But they haven't lately as I'd really love to transfer my debt from my other CC's.

I tried emailing Discover for a BT offer, and online chat, but they said no to me. Smiley Sad

Then it occured to me. Since I had NP getting the More card with a much worse credit profile 2 years ago, what if I applied for an IT card and just do my BT's with that card instead?

So does anyone have both cards at the same time? Is that even possible?

Thanks guys. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any 1 have a Discover MORE & a Discover IT card?

I have both cards.

More at 16,250 CL and IT card at 3,750.  They won't go over 20k combined for me without providing docs.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 2 of 3
boober
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any 1 have a Discover MORE & a Discover IT card?

Wow!

That was 1 helluva quick reply.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

I'd also like to add that's 1 damn impressive CC collection you've got.

I think I'm just gonna apply for the IT card. I'm tired of waiting for Discover to offer me anymore BT's on my More card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.