cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any 19 year olds on here that have prime cards?

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: Any 19 year olds on here that have prime cards?

May want to wait until your AAoA is one year and then try for something like the freedom
fico 747
Message 11 of 48
Rackham94
Established Contributor

you would be borderline for Chase Freedom and a recon would probably do it..

would stop apping at least for 12 months and see if you can get CLI on any of those at least to 2-4k... definitely on the American Eagle..

are you looking for cash back cards or travel?

Citi Forward is a good student card you could probably qualify for

Message 12 of 48
supersam101
Contributor

You only need 1 year of credit history to obtain a chase freedom card. I got my freedom when I was 19.

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 13 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

you have a decent chance of getting approved for chase freedom, those bofa cards (just not privileges or other visa signature cards), citi dividend and citi forward for student, and discover it for student.

i am guessing you're a student since you have a WF college card.

However though they'll most likely give you a limit similar to your WF card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 48
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Im not a student tho, i tried american eagle, they couldnt give me a cli , i dont know why they said i would receive letter

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 15 of 48
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Im not sure why i have the college card, i applied at a bank one day but i never knew it was the college card one. I was so excited i got approved back in the day that i didnt even realize

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 16 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

if you're no longer a student, ask wells fargo to graduate your card to the platinum version.

you won't get any significant CLI while you're on the college card.

the conversion is seamless. just a phone call and if you want, they can mail you a new card.

Once u convert, auto CLIs should happen once to twice a year as long as account is in good standing.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 48
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Citi Dividend regular i had to recon w/ 711 TU Fico

Message 18 of 48
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@supersam101 wrote:

You only need 1 year of credit history to obtain a chase freedom card. I got my freedom when I was 19.

I concur; I received my Freedom when I was 19 as well!

Message 19 of 48
drew11
Regular Contributor

18 years old: PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards

20 years old: Chase Freedom ($3k), Amex Zync (NPSL), Discover IT ($1.5k), Amex BCP ($2k now $6k)

21 years old (in 2 weeks): Hopefully CSP!!!!

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.