cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any AMEX Gold Cardmembers who downgraded to Zync or Green or to any product change to other AMEX?

tag
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Any AMEX Gold Cardmembers who downgraded to Zync or Green or to any product change to other AMEX?

Kinda new AMEX member here. My first AMEX, which was approved 2 months ago was a Gold one.  But starting next year, AF of 125 will hit me hard.  Should I downgrade and enjoy the same purchasing power and rewards progamme?  AMEX Gold though makes me feel "secure" and elite everytime I show the card and use it around to shop Smiley Happy

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Any AMEX Gold Cardmembers who downgraded to Zync or Green or to any product change to other AMEX

I think gold rewards are better than green or zync. If you dont care about rewards and af you can also try converting to a Blue.

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any AMEX Gold Cardmembers who downgraded to Zync or Green or to any product change to other AMEX

You can convert to Zync or other charge cards after 1 year.  You can not convert to a credit card product like blue from a charge card product like Gold.  I personally earn more on the Zync then I did on Green or Gold

Message 3 of 6
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

You can convert to Zync or other charge cards after 1 year.  You can not convert to a credit card product like blue from a charge card product like Gold.  I personally earn more on the Zync then I did on Green or Gold

Does after 1 year mean after the AF kicks in? Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember also a Zync has a different reward structure than Gold and Plat. So if youre chasing rewards, you need to compare the two and see what will work for you. If you dont care about rewards, than just PC to Zync.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have never had issues with calling into amex after the annual fee was charged and PC and getting refund on rewards... I even had Delta Platinum for 3 months and I called and said I didn't like the reward structure and PC and they refunded the annual fee!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.