Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Alternative to Target Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Alternative to Target Card?

The $3 load fee applies to the AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD FOR TARGET which is NOT the PREPAID REDCARD. And since the said PREPAID REDCARD is not yet available in 99% of California stores they don't know too much about it.

Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Target Prepaid Redbird via ebay
I have successfully registered and waiting for Card in the mail
when I click on add money on the webiste there is no option for me to add money with credit card
Do they take credit card if you add money at the Target Store?

Message 42 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my Target Prepaid Redbird via ebay
I have successfully registered and waiting for Card in the mail
when I click on add money on the webiste there is no option for me to add money with credit card
Do they take credit card if you add money at the Target Store?

You can't add via cc online like you can with serve. You goto store to add via cc 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

So strange problem. I have my permenent card activated, however I can't seem to load it in store (NC). They are a "non-participating" target, but I had thought that we should be able to load anywhere. When they swiped the card, there was only the option to refund. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

Message 44 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So strange problem. I have my permenent card activated, however I can't seem to load it in store (NC). They are a "non-participating" target, but I had thought that we should be able to load anywhere. When they swiped the card, there was only the option to refund. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

They have had (and apparently are having) problems with the card in NC.  Saw some recent posts that it is now working in some areas there, but not all.    Don't quite understand how this can happen ( a line in the code "where state != 'NC" !) but it seems like Barclays and Iowa, one state isn't getting the love.

Message 45 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn... well this sucks. Has anyone on here actually had sucess loading (not activating) in NC?

Message 46 of 49
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Damn... well this sucks. Has anyone on here actually had sucess loading (not activating) in NC?

Last time i checked FT thread on it , looks like major issues loading in NC still. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 47 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There have been some recent posts:

I've been able to successfully load at the 2 Targets I've been to around my house in Raleigh.

Seems like the problems are in the center part of NC. The one I found that worked was west of Charlotte. Most of the Charlotte area does not work. Sounds like the Greensboro area also has not worked.

Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good news then. I'm going to see if I can determine which Raleigh Target works this weekend. I'll report back here with specifics.
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.