Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Alternative to Target Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Alternative to Target Card?

I know Target card get 5point per dollar at Target
but I don't want to open a Target card is there any card out there earns 3 points at target?
Currently my best card at Target is BoA Travel rewards 1.5 points per dollar

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Any Alternative to Target Card?

@Anonymous wrote:

but I don't want to open a Target card is there any card out there earns 3 points at target?

Redbird (Target Prepaid) earns 5% off, without any impact to your credit record.   This can be loaded with a credit card at Target, earning bonus rewards if you have a (non-Amex) card that gives supermarket bonuses.   And for a plain 5%, I believe Target debit card also gives that.

Message 2 of 49
Ragelog
Established Contributor

The target card gives a flat 5% discount no points or rewards just immediate percentage off. I can't think of much better besides a double cash card or something of that sort. That is still only 2%.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 3 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Target Red Debit Card allows you the same 5% discount.  There is not a credit check required (at least I never incurred a HP or SP as a result of applying for Target Debit).  However, I think the company that issues the Red Debit card would probably verify that you haven't a record of bounced or NSF checks or a history of closed checking accounts.  I have both the debit and credit card.  Started out with the debit because I didn't want the credit pull, and I have loved my card the 4 years I've had it!  Good luck!

Message 4 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And for those that can get the Redbird (still only in some states) this is a great card for those that go to target anyway.

Message 5 of 49
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

JCB Marukai, if you are in the states where they do business.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Target Debit card is easy to get. As long as you have a checking account, you should be good to go. It works exactly like a debit card, even allows cash back. As well as the 5%, of course.

Message 7 of 49
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Redbird (Target Prepaid) earns 5% off, without any impact to your credit record.   This can be loaded with a credit card at Target, earning bonus rewards if you have a (non-Amex) card that gives supermarket bonuses.   And for a plain 5%, I believe Target debit card also gives that.

Huh, interesting.  So, I could load it with a non Amex for the rewards, then get another 5% when using it?  I shall start keeping an eye on your posts for more insight lol.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 8 of 49
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Huh, interesting.  So, I could load it with a non Amex for the rewards, then get another 5% when using it?  I shall start keeping an eye on your posts for more insight lol.

+1 ..me too..will definitely look at this option a bit closer Smiley Happy   ...especially interesting to get the max out of SM for the 5% every month

Message 9 of 49
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

And for those that can get the Redbird (still only in some states) this is a great card for those that go to target anyway.

Redbird is currently only available in the following states:

Alabama

Arizona
California (YMMV)
Colorado
Indiana
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Mississippi
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio (Cleveland area only)
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania (note for fellow Pennsylvanians: west PA only)
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia
Wisconsin

If you have a Bluebird or Serve account, you'll have to close them before you can use the Redbird Smiley Indifferent

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.