Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any BOFA Secured Holders in here?

tag
Hogue69
Valued Member

Any BOFA Secured Holders in here?

I applied last Sunday, and the application is still in process and the security deposit hasn't been pulled from my checking yet, about how long on average did you guys have to wait for your answer (approved/declined), deposit being pulled, and card being issued, anyone got a time from on this?

CH.7 BK Discharged 8/11/18

Rebuilding - Slowly and Carefully!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Any BOFA Secured Holders in here?

BoA is terrible about this.

They usually take 3 to 4 days after your date of application to withdraw the deposit from your account. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks from your date of application until you have the card in hand. They are really slow in getting these cards out for some reason.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 10
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I forgot to add that they have terrible communication. Watch your checking account, if they take the money it means you are approved.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 10
peripheral

I just applied for the BoA secured card on Sept 24.  I went to a local branch office and had them include a BoA cashier's check with my app that a branch CSR filled out.  My reasoning was they could check my ID and stuff while there so there would be no need for identity or address verification at a later date.

As part of the paperwork I recieved I was given an 800 number to check the status of my app.  1-800-546-6649

I checked this every couple of days and finally got the "congratulations" message yesterday.  It took 7 full business days.

I have no idea how it will take to actually get the card, but the approval message said to expect it in 7-10 days.  lol

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Capital One Platinum $500
Bank of America Cash Rewards $500
US Bank Platinum $500
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me about 2 weeks to get the card from start to finish. It took them about 3-4 days to withdraw the funds from my checking account, but they will not withdraw the funds until your approved. Then the card comes about 7-10 days after the funds are withdrawn from your checking account.

Message 5 of 10
Hogue69
Valued Member

lol oh god, thanks for the replies guys. I don't really NEED this card right now, I'm just anxious to have it in my wallet and get it reporting, I should be generating my first FICO scores in mid-November (I just opened my first trade line in May) will this card take another 6 months to show on my credit reports, or will it show on my report as soon as it reports to the credit agencies?

Message 6 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Hogue69 wrote:

lol oh god, thanks for the replies guys. I don't really NEED this card right now, I'm just anxious to have it in my wallet and get it reporting, I should be generating my first FICO scores in mid-November (I just opened my first trade line in May) will this card take another 6 months to show on my credit reports, or will it show on my report as soon as it reports to the credit agencies?

My own experience (all three times actually) mirrors ucigrad's in terms of receiving the card; I didn't ever care about my credit until the last one, but this time they reported before the first statement even cut.  Other's have reported differently and I couldn't begin to guess why that's the case.

In any event, your other tradeline probably was shown on your credit reports; however, FICO will not generate a score until any tradeline has reported six times, or six months history shown on the tradeline.  I think on average most creditors report within a month or so, and in in outlying cases at times it's taken up to two months; however on the flipside sometimes it only takes two weeks too. 

I wouldn't sweat it, if you're approved, BOFA will absolutely report to all three bureaus, and make certain you get the 1-2-3 rewards package tacked onto your secured card as well.  It really is an excellent secured card and I have no complaints about it at all... most secured cards take longer to receive it, usually because the card's securing account is out of state, and that's always a pain from a banking regulation standpoint even when we're talking nationwide, or near-nationwide lenders.

        
Message 7 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

It will start reporting about a month after you get it, and will have more of an impact at about the 6 month point.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I have the 99/500 secured card. They sent me a preapproval and I sent the preapproval letter back on a Monday, they withdrew the 99.00 on that Friday. I got the card about 10 days later and it reported to my credit reports immediately. I felt it was all pretty fast and I was really surprised at how quick they were already reporting.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 9 of 10
Hogue69
Valued Member

@SnowKitty, that's great! I hope it will work out like that for me, however it's the end of business day number 4, and I've still recieved no answer, and haven't had the security deposit, withdrawn Smiley Surprised,

In other news, I just finalized setting up two bank accounts with PSECU, so maybe that'll give me a nice shot at my first UNSECURED card here in a few months Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.