cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Benefit to make all Chase Cards over $5k?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Benefit to make all Chase Cards over $5k?

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Don't bother unless having the word "signature" on your card makes you feel better.  You might have to wait for the card to be 12 months old to convert to Sig anyways.  My old Amazon card remains at $3k I could care less that it's non-Sig.

+1

Look at NASA's multiple Visa offerings... super high CLs, yet none are Signature versions.

Nasa denied me and my partner!

I know, I read it in one of the threads.  Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can't get into NFCU and NFCU seems to send you flowers and bon bons.  Yet NASA FCU was perfect for my needs Smiley Tongue

I wish Nasa provided a free EX Fico score...  I am debating taking the HP to get into PSECU just so that I can see my EX score, because PSECU seems a lot like Nasa - high limits, but no rewards.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 11 of 24
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

All of my Chase cards, 2 personal and 1 business, are above 5k. No benefit other than the fact that they all are visa siggys, and that Chase is comfortable with extending me 50k in available limit. 

Message 12 of 24
chalupaman
Super Contributor

My SW card is a Visa Sig and I still haven't used any of the features that comes with having that perk besides for the fact it's supposed to be a flexible spending card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Don't bother unless having the word "signature" on your card makes you feel better.  You might have to wait for the card to be 12 months old to convert to Sig anyways.  My old Amazon card remains at $3k I could care less that it's non-Sig.

+1

Look at NASA's multiple Visa offerings... super high CLs, yet none are Signature versions.

I know, I read it in one of the threads.  Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can't get into NFCU and NFCU seems to send you flowers and bon bons.  Yet NASA FCU was perfect for my needs Smiley Tongue

I still haven't received Nasa credit card.  I'm beginning to think it's a pretend card.

Message 14 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

+1

I still haven't received Nasa credit card.  I'm beginning to think it's a pretend card.

I haven't received mine either but then again it was just approved on 10/2.  I was told it would travel by pigeon first, then eventually transfer to turtle express service and eventually pony express.  So I might see it eventually on display at the Smithsonian Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

+1

I haven't received mine either but then again it was just approved on 10/2.  I was told it would travel by pigeon first, then eventually transfer to turtle express service and eventually pony express.  So I might see it eventually on display at the Smithsonian Smiley Tongue

Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 24
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

My all 4 Chase cards are over 5K limits. No benefits...Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@B335is wrote:

looks like on AARP that's all that changes too!

but since we won't be using Marriott soon besides for travel in future I might take the $4k on that above the $5k minimum and move it to make Amazon $5k since it's our go to Aamazon shopping and gocery card (Amazon Fresh) and put the rest on AARP making it $7500.

but a part of me thinks maybe I should ride out the first 6 months the way they are just to "see" if I happen to be graced by Chase's 6 months auto CLI!

So you did get approved for the AARP?

Message 18 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@B335is wrote:

but since we won't be using Marriott soon besides for travel in future I might take the $4k on that above the $5k minimum and move it to make Amazon $5k since it's our go to Aamazon shopping and gocery card (Amazon Fresh) and put the rest on AARP making it $7500.

but a part of me thinks maybe I should ride out the first 6 months the way they are just to "see" if I happen to be graced by Chase's 6 months auto CLI!

Yes, $4500!!

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Yes, $4500!!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.