Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC approval for CR w Co?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any CC approval for CR w Co?

Trying to rebuild, not sure where to start. Collection Accts, no BK, scores are mid/high 500s. Anyone in similar situation who's actually been approved for CCs? I've just tried First Premier - no go - and attached to their denial letter was the offer to apply for the same exact card again. Hilarious. But really, help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any CC approval for CR w Co?

you got declined for first premier? wow, I didn't think they declined EVER.
Get a secured card.
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

My credit is not good at all. I have several CC but they are really subprime. They charge all kinds of fees and only leave like $175 available credit.

Tribute Mastercard and Cortrustbank Mastercard.

I also applied for the Orchard Gold and was told I was approved for a $300 CL. This was weeks ago and I still have not received the card. Go to their web site and use the pre-approval link. It tells you what you can get with the credit you have.

If you are trying to rebuild that would be a way to do it.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 09-03-2008 04:53 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt think  First Premier denied anyone either Did they list any reasons as to why they denied??
You can also try Orchard-Tribute-Contentinal-And several others check this site out and see if it helps
Message 4 of 6
niecey89
Frequent Contributor

I was in the same boat (scores in the 500s). But I did get 2 Capital One cards, Upromise Citibank, and Orchard bank. The APRs are from 14.15% to 19.90%, 2 with AF. You can get a card, just make sure you make the payments on time. Good Luck.
FICO Scores 7/15/2008: EQ 600, TU 546, EX 490
9/17/08 - TU 571,12/17/08 649,3/16/09 638, 6/14 642
ScoreWatch 12/17/08 EQ 646, 1/2/ 09 664, 2/2/09 684,2/12/09 673, 2/16/09 688, 2/27 674,3/3 682,4/16 685, 6/28 679
1/2/09 EX 668 2/13/09 669
AS of NOV08 I am Credit card debit free. I AM A MYFICO.COM ADDICTED Smiley Happy ~
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to rebuild, not sure where to start. Collection Accts, no BK, scores are mid/high 500s. Anyone in similar situation who's actually been approved for CCs? I've just tried First Premier - no go - and attached to their denial letter was the offer to apply for the same exact card again. Hilarious. But really, help.

Are your collections paid or unpaid? Paying doesn't help your scores, but it does make future lenders a bit happier.

I would print out my current FICO scores and reports, especially EQ, and start making the rounds of local credit unions. They can be really good about working with people who are trying to turn things around. It might be a slow process of open a savings account, make regular automatic deposits, get a secured CC anchored to that account, work through that, and so forth, but it's worth a try.

CU's are member organizations, so they aren't controlled by what some sub-vice-president in Noo Yawk City tells them to do. If you don't get anywhere with the first one, keep trying.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.