Did you mean: 

Any CC ever offer 0% for a year besides intro

tag
NikoD
Regular Contributor

Re: Any CC ever offer 0% for a year besides intro

@EW800 wrote:

@NikoD wrote:

Right now Discover is giving me 0% (but it's only for 6 months). I've had a Discover card since 1998.

Did they do this on their own?

During an online chat about another topic with them, I decided to ask for a lower APR too. They checked to see what offers I had available then said they could either lower my regular APR by a little bit (I don't remember the exact amount) or they could give me 0% for 6 months on new purchases.

Message 11 of 16
Stralem
Established Contributor

Discover gave me a 12 month balance transfer offer a little over a year after first getting their IT card. Naturally I took it since they also approved me for a 2x limit increase.

But if you're talking about being granted a non-intro purchase APR, that's likely very rare.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 12 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I receive promo rates for 12 months from Chase and Discover for balance transfers. That's about it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 16
Scott90
Contributor

I just sent a secure message to cap one asking for this. It says I'll get a response in 1-2 business days.

I'll wait to see their response then also try BOA, chase, usaa.

I'll let you guys know how things go.
Message 14 of 16
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

@NikoD wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

@NikoD wrote:

Right now Discover is giving me 0% (but it's only for 6 months). I've had a Discover card since 1998.

Did they do this on their own?

During an online chat about another topic with them, I decided to ask for a lower APR too. They checked to see what offers I had available then said they could either lower my regular APR by a little bit (I don't remember the exact amount) or they could give me 0% for 6 months on new purchases.

This happened to me earlier this year.  I called requested lower APR and CLI.   No to the CLI and they offered me a couple different "promo" rates on purchases.  I took 0% for six months. 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 15 of 16
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

I have one card where they have offered me several low interest opportunities.  0.9%, 1.9%, 0%, 1.9%, etc. for 9-15 months terms.  They deposit the funds into my chequing account and let me use it for any purchases I want.  They simply debit my CC account for the amount chosen. It is an inticement to make me use the card more.  Whenever they call, they always expect that I will max out the card at this low rate but I'm not that kind of sucker.  I will ask for a couple of grand only - something that is easy for me to pay back quickly.  I am mindfull of my ability to pay and also the effect this will have on my total indebtedness and my credit scores.  And FYI, it is MBNA which is now owned by TD Bank and I've had the card for only 1.5 years.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.