cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC lenders that you would never do biz with?

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Any CC lenders that you would never do biz with?

Bank of America - they closed our accounts down 2 years ago now claiming "we have enough open credit". Those two accounts had a total CL of $30k.

End of story.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 83
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I'll do business with any lender that has a sign up bonus. I don't like American Express, but gladly take their sign up bonuses and close the cards shortly after. The hate for Capital One is not fair in my opinion. You can't really complain about not getting an increase when you have derogatory information on credit reports. Even when it's gone, Capital One has different policies for all of their cards, so if people would just apply for another one they may get what they want.Barclays is just more strict with giving bigger limits and multiple cards than other lenders and there really isn't anything wrong with that.

Anyway, I've not had such a bad experience that I wouldn't want to apply for a credit card from any lender, yet.

Message 12 of 83
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I don't have any that I'd never do business with, but I'm super pissed at Barclays right now.  They CLD'd me to $8250 from $12.5K after I transferred a large balance to them using a 0% promotional offer they sent me.  

Other than that, every creditor has been good to me so far.         

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 13 of 83
navyox
Regular Contributor

I used to dislike Discover and Cap One from some entirely percieved slights when I was young.    Looking back though, it was entirely my fault, so I would do business with either of them again if they had a product that met one of my needs. 

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 14 of 83
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

My credit has been pretty good for 30 some years, no baddies etc...I REALLY find Barclay's recon condescending to say the least, mind you I do have 2 cards from them with rather nice CL, but the guy on the call was just a jerk, bad, bad customer service, not because I did not get the card, don't care it's a game with me anyway, but just the way he treated me....and I have a Cap. 1 card and really am unimpressed with them as a whole, thinking of dropping it, or SD it, the rewards are OK and redemption is very easy, but there is something about them I do not like, just my personal thoughts......On a good note, loving the AMEX, Chase, Discover...Citi is dicey at best, sometimes they are great other times they just screw things up royally. I do like FNBO, although seems like they have stopped giving cards out to anyone living in a state they do not have branches in, as a whole they are a nice company to deal with.

Message 15 of 83
youngman1234
Established Contributor

CHASE !!!

Omg the employees there are a bunch of Idiots... Long story short I had about 60k worth of cc with them.. They closed my accounts for bull**bleep** risk reason.. There conclusion was I was too young to have that much credit... I was like ok and the 300k I paid u in the past 1 year was peanuts right.. I told the executive office lady who was adamant on the fact the credit report they they pulled last year showed too much utilization so based on that even a year later they won't approve another card. I told her that it's true reports update every 30 days.. (Yes) so pull my most recent and see what u see now she goes no sir based on the report from last year we can't open it. I said to her screw u and eff chase.... Chase has been doing this alot lately....
Message 16 of 83
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays because of constant AA paranoia and I agree on their condescending recon/credit analysts. Their shady past which includes fudging their numbers to drive up their stock price as well.

Crapital One because they refuse to take off the training wheels without the CEOs blessing.
Message 17 of 83
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
CHASE !!!

Omg the employees there are a bunch of Idiots... Long story short I had about 60k worth of cc with them.. They closed my accounts for bull**bleep** risk reason.. There conclusion was I was too young to have that much credit...

I just turned 23 and have more than that with them now. Maybe I should prepare to be shut down as well Smiley Sad.

Message 18 of 83
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Discover (nothing against them; their products just don't appeal to me at all)

Citi (ditto)

Bank of America

Wells Fargo

Message 19 of 83
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Barclays because of constant AA paranoia and I agree on their condescending recon/credit analysts. Their shady past which includes fudging their numbers to drive up their stock price as well.

Crapital One because they refuse to take off the training wheels without the CEOs blessing.

Well, that would be BAU for many companies!  Barclays went several steps further and manipulated a key index, LIBOR, impacting trillions of $ in loans around the world.  And a smaller manipulation of CA Energy futures.

But most banks have similar skeletons, just differing in magnitude.

Message 20 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.