cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC lenders that you would never do biz with?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Any CC lenders that you would never do biz with?

@wagsk1 wrote:

Capital 1, no more. Even after rebuilding my credit to the point where I`m getting instant approval for World cards at 15k and Amex they still refused to graduate my secured card. GE and Barclay have been very good to deal with.

I was under the impression that Cap 1 doesn't graduate their secured cards (or that its fairly difficult to do and requires going through the EO for a product change). It has nothing to do with your credit or anything. My understanding is their general policy is to keep the card secured and expect the customer to apply for a prime card and cancel the secured card once their position has improved.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 31 of 83
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

HSBC, Capitol One, and Wells Fargo are all pretty much up there in the "never again" category for me.  

I can honestly agree, WELLS FARGO will never get any business from me and neither will HSBC. stay away, you have been warned lol

Message 32 of 83
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Napplegate,

You got some freaking nerve u don't know me... I don't have to prove nothing to u or anyone of this forum. I own my own business and FYI my business banker at the local branch loves my family... She has been visiting my parents store in the local shopping center for the past 10 years. Risk perspective they said my credit grew to fast. I don't give a **bleep** I don't need them. I don't know who the hell u think u are... I told everyone my experience that's how I feel. I didn't lie and I take accountability for my actions. U got some freaking nerve to tell me that. You don't even know me.
Message 33 of 83
red259
Super Contributor

Please on both sides try to keep it civil and be constructive. I'm not sure of all the details on your situation young, but I know banks get jumpy with huge amounts of charges going through their cards if it doesn't match up with income etc. I saw a post of yours where you ran into an Amex FR and it could be a similiar situation to what you had back then. However, I don't really know the details and therefore have no idea what triggered your problem with Chase. It is annoying when lenders take actions like that, but unfortunatly it happens from time to time. I don't blame you for feeling hostile towards Chase after going through something like that. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 34 of 83
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
Napplegate,

You got some freaking nerve u don't know me... I don't have to prove nothing to u or anyone of this forum. I own my own business and FYI my business banker at the local branch loves my family... She has been visiting my parents store in the local shopping center for the past 10 years. Risk perspective they said my credit grew to fast. I don't give a **bleep** I don't need them. I don't know who the hell u think u are... I told everyone my experience that's how I feel. I didn't lie and I take accountability for my actions. U got some freaking nerve to tell me that. You don't even know me.

The business banker has no authority nor is she properly trained / educated in risk management. Her opinion of anyone has little to do with anything. Given the nature of her job, she should be pleasing to everyone just so she can have more clients, and thus make more commission in return. No client likes to deal with an **bleep**.

Given that you have run into issues with Amex as well (as posted by red), it seems that you do have a problem. Whatever the underlying reason may be, it's best to correct that just so it will not happen again in the future.

And I get why you are upset. Napplegate went a little too far by calling you out as a liar. It was a bit uncalled for, and he probably jumped to the wrong conclusions based on very limited facts.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 35 of 83
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Closed it today, it wasn`t doing me anygood.

Message 36 of 83
youngman1234
Established Contributor

My problem with is chase is very simple and here is the bottle line... I had 3 cards a chase bold (45k) limit, a chase ink (12k) limit, and a chase slate (3k) limit.

Let's go over some facts:

• income (high no problem there)
• charging mostly done on business cards.
• have personal cards but ran everything through the business as the charges were for my business.
• business revenue high 7 fig
• there red flag came when they saw in the month of dec my personal spending had increased on my personal cards. (True but there was a good reason)
• my family & I lost everything in hurricane sandy. From nov we started our insurance claim, we got our first check in dec to start replacing necessities. I charged and paid the be next day.
• they had one valid point: at the time I didn't have that much credit from any one lender. And highest limit at that time was 20k.
• I said ok fine, whatever do as u wish.
• what makes me mad is that as everyone knows credit report update every thirty days.
• they tell me that I have a unsatisfactory record with my bold account, I said ok please explain How ?? Was I ever late ?? NO Was a payment ever returned ?? NO so I said how was my record unsatisfactory the executive office said our decision is based entirely on that dec credit report. And what we saw on that report. I said ok what did u see on that report I was 70-80% ulti... I said isn't true that the reports update every 30 days, response yes !! I said check my most recent one u have. First u will see my utility is 3%.. Second my credit is more developed as now I have many lines of 25k or higher. She said sorry it based on what we saw back in dec. I was like balance and reports change monthly it's stupid to base ur decision on one report..
Message 37 of 83
youngman1234
Established Contributor

They said based on my age they are willing to extended me that credit right now and to try back in a few years.. Lol I was like are u serious !!!! Called Amex right after got a gold business loving so much better.

My only issue is that as everyone can see getting business cards isn't very easy, but don't get me wrong not that hard either. I will never apply for a chase account ever again. But I do admit they give good limits to businesses..

And FYI having someone in the bank know about ur store helps... I remember when I was applying for my ink cash the analyst came on the phone and we spoke for 1 hour. He asked about my business abs I explains how my family has been in the business for 20 years, and he was like oh really where. I told him the location and to my surprise he said I used to live There and I have been to ur store.(no lie true story and we live in a small world)
Message 38 of 83
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I applied on a whim approved fine if not idc.. Will I have a relationship with them again no way.... Before u guys here take the side of a big banks and blame cus Im hiding facts. Try to listen to my side to. If very easy to put the blame on me as oh chase is the biggest bank in America they have to be right!!! No way. U guys should keep up with the forums and the news. The risk department is cutting many people's lines and closing accounts. Many with no good reason. Read my friends article recently how he is a private banking client and they cut all his lines for no reason.

All read the news a little, chase has not been doing there job properly they just went Crzy at their risk department cus the government fined them cus of lax their controls were. Before blaming me look at what their doing. Chase new rule, anything seems a little risky (hey this guy has 70-80% shut him down, see u later).. Don't listen to his reason we don't care... Funny thing is I deposited the large insurance check in chase so they knew everything.
Message 39 of 83
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
They said based on my age they are willing to extended me that credit right now and to try back in a few years.. Lol I was like are u serious !!!!

I obviously don't know you all that well so take this with a grain of salt, but superficially, based on the few posts you've already made, you do give off a very immature, unstable impression. That's not to say you might not be a wonderful person in real life, but a little grooming and maturing and trying to interact with people (or just lenders) on a higher than phone chat level might work worders for your future interactions.

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 40 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.