Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

Re: Any CC lenders that you would never do biz with?

mgs2010 wrote:

Sallie Mae. She already has me by the ---well, you know...for student loans. I'd never in a million years open a savings with sallie mae or do the sallie mae credit card. Just the thought of helping that company earn any more money than they already do off of young people who desire to be educated makes me want to vomit. :smileyvery-happy:

While some of their practices can be described as shady, I wouldn't place the blame solely on Sallie Mae for the student loan situation in this country.

College students (as adults) need to make responsible choices about borrowing (including having realistic ideas about job/career prospects, choosing an appropriate major, starting salaries, etc.). It seems that many don't have decent answers to those questions before taking out loans that they have little chance to repay.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Established Contributor
TrishN

I don't do business with whoever don't give me Credit ! When they give me credit that maybe too late because i have too much credit  . LOL

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Established Contributor
Credit-hoarder

I think at this point I'd be reluctant to apply for anything from Barclay's even though I've never had anything with them before. Who wants to get credit just to have it taken away from them for adding more credit?!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}