cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

tag
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

Scores took a dip after some app'ing and the tax lien appearing. The new mortgage hasn't posted yet. Equifax now 634.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

I have several large federal tax liens, but was successful in obtaining:

Care Credit $7500

Orchard $300

First Premiere $300

Credit One $400

And here is the real surprise......

NFCU $7500 INSTANT APPROVAL   Platinum Mastercard at 12.9% APR

I have about a 680 EQ which also has a small old CA (Midland), and an old CA on EX.  On TU I have an old Target Visa that was settled, but for less than owed.  It should fall off this month.

The real bad news is that I had just gottent to this point, and now because the IRS won't make a reasonable settlement I am forced into BK13....

Message Edited by dwn on 12-01-2009 04:17 PM
Message 2 of 4
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

dwn

I already have 2 First Premier's and 2 NFCU CC's, and a NFCU auto loan. I'm really worried about getting CC's but more or so maintaining my relationship w/ NFCU when it comes time for me to app for something else. Your score is pretty good considering the large tax liens. I'm so pissed off about it, its a state tax lien and the lady saw where I had been calling and asking questions about it, she said if the guy I was speaking to then would have just put me in a payment plan then, I wouldn't be in this situation now. Luckily I just got through my home buying process. But thats' good to know that there are a few companies out there that will look at you. I'll wait until my scores improve sometime next year.  I love NFCU, but even after BK they are friendly. At least after a 7 they are.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you are doing okay with what you have.  Just keep them very clean, low utilization but exercised and never ever pay a day late.

DWN got approved by NFCU with the tax liens on CR....large ones.  So evidently this doesn't worry them too bad.

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.