Regular Contributor
virgoprincess823

Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

Scores took a dip after some app'ing and the tax lien appearing. The new mortgage hasn't posted yet. Equifax now 634.
dwn
dwn

Re: Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

[ Edited ]

I have several large federal tax liens, but was successful in obtaining:

Care Credit $7500

Orchard $300

First Premiere $300

Credit One $400

And here is the real surprise......

NFCU $7500 INSTANT APPROVAL   Platinum Mastercard at 12.9% APR

I have about a 680 EQ which also has a small old CA (Midland), and an old CA on EX.  On TU I have an old Target Visa that was settled, but for less than owed.  It should fall off this month.

The real bad news is that I had just gottent to this point, and now because the IRS won't make a reasonable settlement I am forced into BK13....

Message Edited by dwn on 12-01-2009 04:17 PM
Regular Contributor
virgoprincess823

dwn

I already have 2 First Premier's and 2 NFCU CC's, and a NFCU auto loan. I'm really worried about getting CC's but more or so maintaining my relationship w/ NFCU when it comes time for me to app for something else. Your score is pretty good considering the large tax liens. I'm so pissed off about it, its a state tax lien and the lady saw where I had been calling and asking questions about it, she said if the guy I was speaking to then would have just put me in a payment plan then, I wouldn't be in this situation now. Luckily I just got through my home buying process. But thats' good to know that there are a few companies out there that will look at you. I'll wait until my scores improve sometime next year.  I love NFCU, but even after BK they are friendly. At least after a 7 they are.

Senior Contributor
txjohn

Sounds like you are doing okay with what you have.  Just keep them very clean, low utilization but exercised and never ever pay a day late.

DWN got approved by NFCU with the tax liens on CR....large ones.  So evidently this doesn't worry them too bad.

:smileyhappy:

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}