Regular Contributor

Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

Scores took a dip after some app'ing and the tax lien appearing. The new mortgage hasn't posted yet. Equifax now 634.
dwn

Re: Any CC's issued after a small tax lien posted to credit bureaus?

[ Edited ]

I have several large federal tax liens, but was successful in obtaining:

Care Credit $7500

Orchard $300

First Premiere $300

Credit One $400

And here is the real surprise......

NFCU $7500 INSTANT APPROVAL   Platinum Mastercard at 12.9% APR

I have about a 680 EQ which also has a small old CA (Midland), and an old CA on EX.  On TU I have an old Target Visa that was settled, but for less than owed.  It should fall off this month.

The real bad news is that I had just gottent to this point, and now because the IRS won't make a reasonable settlement I am forced into BK13....

Message Edited by dwn on 12-01-2009 04:17 PM
Regular Contributor

dwn

I already have 2 First Premier's and 2 NFCU CC's, and a NFCU auto loan. I'm really worried about getting CC's but more or so maintaining my relationship w/ NFCU when it comes time for me to app for something else. Your score is pretty good considering the large tax liens. I'm so pissed off about it, its a state tax lien and the lady saw where I had been calling and asking questions about it, she said if the guy I was speaking to then would have just put me in a payment plan then, I wouldn't be in this situation now. Luckily I just got through my home buying process. But thats' good to know that there are a few companies out there that will look at you. I'll wait until my scores improve sometime next year.  I love NFCU, but even after BK they are friendly. At least after a 7 they are.

Senior Contributor

Sounds like you are doing okay with what you have.  Just keep them very clean, low utilization but exercised and never ever pay a day late.

DWN got approved by NFCU with the tax liens on CR....large ones.  So evidently this doesn't worry them too bad.

Smiley Happy

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.