Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CC's that pull EQ in NY?

tag
brooklyngal
Contributor

Re: Any CC's that pull EQ in NY?

Guess what I got with my 750 EQ score and 13 year credit history folks: nada, zip, zilch.  In other words DECLINED! Smiley Mad

Because I opened 4 accounts this year, they want to see a payment history of 3-6 months before they'd consider a loan.  This "all you can eat" hard inq. only lasts for around 3 months.  If I had known that they'd do this, I would've applied for them 1st, then my other cards.  In other words, I basically wasted a hard inq on my EQ (now has 2 inqs.).  I'm so not pleased right now......

I guess high scores and lenghty credit history counts for nada these days. Smiley Surprised
I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 11 of 17
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry.

I feel you were done a disservice by PenFed.

You should try a recon if you haven't already. Talking to a person sometimes helps.

My wifw , who has an EQ score of 679 was denied also. She was incredibly disappointed and actually angry. I convinced her that she is now a member and with a little time and patience she could apply again. It's all really a game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I was declined by NASA and BECU for the exact same reasons as you. Tried recon and was declined. This was after getting approved by NFCU and PFed and USAA.

I put a few more dollars in their checking accounts and will wait the five months at least (actually a year since I'm done app'ing for a while) and reapply.

I apologize for getting your hopes up in any way, my comments were based on my own experiences as well as what others have posted here.

Jax

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 05-11-2008 08:07 AM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 12 of 17
brooklyngal
Contributor

Nah, don't blame yourself.  I've been looking @ the various PF threads, so I finally bit the bullet and applied.  Obviously I missed the posts about not apping for PF after getting new cards, since they don't like that.

I'm cool.  I spoke to a rep for a recon and was told about them wanting to see payment history with my new accounts.  Guess I really can't blame them. 

O/T:  how much interest does their savings account give?  I funded it w/ $5, and if it's more than EmigrantDirect's lowly 2.75%, then I'll switch my moolah to PF. Smiley Happy

jaxstraw wrote:
I'm so sorry.

I feel you were done a disservice by PenFed.

You should try a recon if you haven't already. Talking to a person sometimes helps.

My wifw , who has an EQ score of 679 was denied also. She was incredibly disappointed and actually angry. I convinced her that she is now a member and with a little time and patience she could apply again. It's all really a game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I was declined by NASA and BECU for the exact same reasons as you. Tried recon and was declined. This was after getting approved by NFCU and PFed and USAA.

I put a few more dollars in their checking accounts and will wait the five months at least (actually a year since I'm done app'ing for a while) and reapply.

I apologize for getting your hopes up in any way, my comments were based on my own experiences as well as what others have posted here.

Jax

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 05-11-2008 08:07 AM

Message 13 of 17
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Hey , us NY'ers got to stick together right ? My pops is from Greenpoint. I'm about an hour north now but he NEVER forgets where he's from. LOL.

Anyway, that's the good thing about CU's , you can establish a relationship with them even with a denial. You're a member and can take advantage of their other services. Unlike a CCC who just denies and goes away.

Just to let you know, in March my EQ score went to 675. I started looking for only EQ pullers on whogavenecredit and creditpulls. I app'ed and got a Lowes card , a MensWarehouse (wedding soon) card, and a few declines by GEMB (found out later they only approve two cards in a period of time) before I found out about PFed and USAA.At that time my score had shot up to 748 so it was good for me to app w/ them. I finally figured a way into NFCU. To make a long story short after I got declined from NASA and BECU I realized I would have been better off w/o Lowes & MW. I probaly wasted good inq's on cards that I could have used to get CU cards.

Bummer.

Got to go get fitted for a tux.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 14 of 17
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I know how you feel. I was declined for a Patelco card this weekend with a 717 EX. Like a few others have said show another 6 months payment history on your new accounts and try again. I had a similar experience with them last year. When I applied for a CLI on my existing card on the phone a nice healthy increase was waiting for me. Once you are in with them you are golden. Just wait the six months.
Message 15 of 17
brooklyngal
Contributor

Sooo.....

Since the PenFed app went bust, are there any other EQ pullers in NY?
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELLO BROOKLYN GAL

HSBC EQ here in brooklyn

but you have awsome scores ,

Message Edited by ohboy on 05-18-2008 08:38 AM
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.