Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

Re: Any CC with 5% Bill Payment like US Bank Cash+?

Ron1 wrote:

I have the card and I used it to pay AT&T wireless bill. It didn't count as 5%. It only gave 1% back. Now I use my US Bank Flexperks and it counts as wireless phone.

Ron.

Interesting. Most likely because AMEX does not use MCC (purchase category system developed by Visa and MasterCard).

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Established Contributor
compassion101

Re: Any CC with 5% Bill Payment like US Bank Cash+?

Ron1 wrote:

brother7 wrote:

The subject says it all.

Would love to get this card but there's no online application and there's no US Bank in my locale.

Description of the US Bank Bill Payment category is: "Get cash back every month when you use your U.S. Bank Cash+™ Card to pay for the following common household bills — phone, internet, cable/satellite TV, utilities and insurance. Please note: Purchases made outside of these specific categories do not qualify."

The other one is Barclays Rewards Mastercard.

link:

for excellent credit:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1654&cellNumber=3&referrerid=BCUSORGOG... 

for average credit:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1655&cellNumber=4&referrerid=BCUSORGOG...

Ron.

Looks like 2% for Barclays, not 5%. Got me excited cause I have this card but I already get 2% with Discover. Not sure it is standard all the time with Discover but they had like a month where if you switched over utilities they would give you 2% going forward.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}