cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CCs offering intro promos for NO FEE 0% BT?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Any CCs offering intro promos for NO FEE 0% BT?

Well doneSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Awesome outcome and thank you for updating us! May want to roll the dice with a HP in 3-6 months. They loooove high util from BTs! Your call, but it'll only cost you a HP to ask for $25k if you need/want it.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Awesome outcome and thank you for updating us! May want to roll the dice with a HP in 3-6 months. They loooove high util from BTs! Your call, but it'll only cost you a HP to ask for $25k if you need/want it.

I didn't know that.  I'll make a note and consider that in 3-6mo. Thanks.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering if there are any cards currently offering introductory 0% interest and no fee balance transfer promos.  I stupidly thought I read $0 fee on an Amex offer yesterday, husband got approved at 8k, then saw the 3% fee.   

I won't qualify for Chase Slate because of 5/24.

I got an email from BOA with this offer, but I am a joint cardholder with my husband, and they have been super stingy with that credit limit (2k forever), so I don't trust that one will work out.  Most of our other Visa/MC limits are around 10-12k, with my own Amex blue at 24k.

I would have the husband do a HP cli on the joint BOA card, aim high, let them counter.  Then I would split the account.  Then apply for Merrill+ which has $500 free after spending 3k in 90 days, as well as 0% for 12 months BT 3% fee.  Purchases are 13-16.xx%. Or you could do a $500 flight and $250 cash, or two $500 flights, however flights seem to be more like 300-400ea if you do it that way).

Then you could go for the prequalified offer you have for the 0 fee one, and reallocate some CL from ML if you wish.  But if it were me, I would just stick with one new BOA card for now even though if you did everything I mention you'd have 1, at most 2 HPs.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would have the husband do a HP cli on the joint BOA card, aim high, let them counter.  Then I would split the account.  Then apply for Merrill+ which has $500 free after spending 3k in 90 days, as well as 0% for 12 months BT 3% fee.  Purchases are 13-16.xx%. Or you could do a $500 flight and $250 cash, or two $500 flights, however flights seem to be more like 300-400ea if you do it that way).

Then you could go for the prequalified offer you have for the 0 fee one, and reallocate some CL from ML if you wish.  But if it were me, I would just stick with one new BOA card for now even though if you did everything I mention you'd have 1, at most 2 HPs.

What do you mean by "split the account"?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering if there are any cards currently offering introductory 0% interest and no fee balance transfer promos.  I stupidly thought I read $0 fee on an Amex offer yesterday, husband got approved at 8k, then saw the 3% fee.   

I won't qualify for Chase Slate because of 5/24.

I got an email from BOA with this offer, but I am a joint cardholder with my husband, and they have been super stingy with that credit limit (2k forever), so I don't trust that one will work out.  Most of our other Visa/MC limits are around 10-12k, with my own Amex blue at 24k.

Have you ever requested a CLI on the card? It's a HP. BoA is not known for auto CLIs. 

Did you check BoA to see if you had any customized offers?

No, I don't think I have. I didn't want the HP. Since it is a joint account (not an AU), I assume we'd both get HPs.  The limit is useless, so this card is just connected to my BOA checking for overdraft protection, and I run a small utility bill through it every month.  If they want me to use it more for an auto CLI, it's never going to happen.

I just checked the customized offers and this is there.  Is this reliable?

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at  Jun 21  12.01.04 PM.png

Any offers I received from BoA were valid but ymmv.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went for it.  Approved for 8k.  I know this is how things work, but I still think it is silly that they didn't just raise the 2k limit card I already had to 10k.

Thanks for all the tips.  Especially 

Congrats on your approval!! I'm glad I could help and you are very welcome.

I would request a CLI on your original card especially if the $8K credit limit is not enough to cover your balance transfer. Aim high, within reason.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I didn't know that.  I'll make a note and consider that in 3-6mo. Thanks.

I would wait the full 6 months before requesting a CLI. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.