Reply
Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Any CLD's from GEMB?

Any CLD's from GEMB?
Valued Contributor
wmarat
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎11-03-2007
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL
Posts: 665
Registered: ‎03-31-2007
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

I received an increase.
Senior Contributor
score_building
Posts: 3,559
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

i have care credit and amazon and they haven't got me so far-  from what i understand, when this is all over there will be few if any who remain completely untouched by this crunchy turn of events.
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Member
JRInWA
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎04-26-2008

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

[ Edited ]

GEMB CLD'd my IKEA from $2700 to $124 :smileymad:  I called and asked them to CLOSE my account.  They asked me for a reason and I told them first they CLD'd me to $124.  And second, I have NO use for a credit card with a $124 credit line (very odd).  The CSR asked me to hold on... then came back and stated it was CLD'd due to "No Activity" since 2006... which is true.  Then she stated that my credit line had been retored to $2,700.  Again very ODD but I'm pleased with the end result.  By they way, I've never been late or over the limit with this account.  In fact, they continued to provide my CLIs over the past two years with NO usage on the card.

Message Edited by JRInWA on 11-14-2008 08:55 AM
01/07/2009 - | TU=674 | EQ= 700 | EX=705 |
12/26/2008 - | TU=659 | EQ= 700 | EX=692 |
12/09/2008 - | TU=671 | EQ= 732 | EX=704 |
11/15/2008 - | TU=657 | EQ= 699 | EX=695 |
Established Contributor
woopah
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎03-15-2008
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

They closed my Line of Credit without notifying me.  When I was looking at my CR's and noticed the accout was reporting as closed I e-mailed them and complained.  They apologized and said that the line of credit had been inactive for 24 months so they closed it. 

 

I e-mailed them back and said that wasn't possible becuase the line of credit wasn't even 24 months old, it would have been in March 2009.  They e-mailed me back and said even though the info about it being inactive for 24 months was wrong it was still inactive and they closed it because I could have used my card at any ATM or called to use the line of credit and I never did so clearly I did not want it anymore.  

 

I chose to stop the conversation there, because I never had a Card for that account, they never gave me one, so it wouldn't be possible to go to an ATM and withdraw the funds.  I figure if two separate CSR's can't even be bothered to look up details about the account prior to replying to a former customer then I should just say good riddence to them.

4/16/09: TU: 775, EQ: 805
2/11/09: TU: 773, EQ: 790, EX:790
11/16/08: TU: 773, EQ: 785, EX: 780
Goals for 2009: 0 Credit Card Debt & 0% Util (achieved 2/6/09), Mortgage! (achieved 11/2/09), getting closer to 800 scores (I crossed this earlier this year, but I'm sure I'm not there anymore!)
Established Member
Slipind
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

Yup. They chased my balance this month. Was $300 cl- now $205, $205 balance, $0 available credit. Sock drawer now.
FAKO 3/7/2008
EX 630 EQ 580 TU 665
Established Contributor
Uniqua
Posts: 683
Registered: ‎04-05-2008
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?


JRInWA wrote:

GEMB CLD'd my IKEA from $2700 to $124 :smileymad:  I called and asked them to CLOSE my account.  They asked me for a reason and I told them first they CLD'd me to $124.  And second, I have NO use for a credit card with a $124 credit line (very odd).  The CSR asked me to hold on... then came back and stated it was CLD'd due to "No Activity" since 2006... which is true.  Then she stated that my credit line had been retored to $2,700.  Again very ODD but I'm pleased with the end result.  By they way, I've never been late or over the limit with this account.  In fact, they continued to provide my CLIs over the past two years with NO usage on the card.

Message Edited by JRInWA on 11-14-2008 08:55 AM



LOL.  So you were going to close the card you hadn't used in two years because they decreased your CL?  You are lucky they gave you a CLD and didn't close the card.  They ALL will close you out or CLD you eventually if you are not utilizing their card(s).  It's really nice that they restored the CL, though.  GEMB can be really finicky at times.  I hope you use the card now because I'm sure they may just close you out totally should you go another two years without using it.  I had to learn the hard way. 

Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Uniqua
Posts: 683
Registered: ‎04-05-2008
0

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?


woopah wrote:

They closed my Line of Credit without notifying me.  When I was looking at my CR's and noticed the accout was reporting as closed I e-mailed them and complained.  They apologized and said that the line of credit had been inactive for 24 months so they closed it. 

 

I e-mailed them back and said that wasn't possible becuase the line of credit wasn't even 24 months old, it would have been in March 2009.  They e-mailed me back and said even though the info about it being inactive for 24 months was wrong it was still inactive and they closed it because I could have used my card at any ATM or called to use the line of credit and I never did so clearly I did not want it anymore.  

 

I chose to stop the conversation there, because I never had a Card for that account, they never gave me one, so it wouldn't be possible to go to an ATM and withdraw the funds.  I figure if two separate CSR's can't even be bothered to look up details about the account prior to replying to a former customer then I should just say good riddence to them.


 

 

Woopah, you still hadn't used the line of credit in almost two years.  Did you really expect it to be available to you for forever without utilization?  I'm no fan of GEMB, but I sure as heck can't complain that they closed out one of my CCs for no use in roughly two years.  I simply wasn't using it.  It was all my doing and could have been avoided.


Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
woopah
Posts: 721
Registered: ‎03-15-2008

Re: Any CLD's from GEMB?

[ Edited ]

Uniqua wrote:

Woopah, you still hadn't used the line of credit in almost two years.  Did you really expect it to be available to you for forever without utilization?  I'm no fan of GEMB, but I sure as heck can't complain that they closed out one of my CCs for no use in roughly two years.  I simply wasn't using it.  It was all my doing and could have been avoided.


 

I said the line of credit wasn't even two years old, and wouldn't have been until March of 2009, so there's no way it could have been inactive for 24 months. I didn't say how long it had been since I had last used it.  I was pointing out how they can't even be bothered to get facts right before they send out an e-mail.  I wasn't complaining about the fact that they closed it, I could care less that they closed it.  What I do care about is that they closed it without informing me, and then when I complained about that they couldn't even get the facts straight as to why they closed it.  

 

The last activity on the account was 3/4/08,and in July when Iast looked at the account it was still open.  At the end of September when I looked at my credit reports from the free credit report website is when I found out it was closed.  So it could be that they closed it in July, August, or September.  But I don't know because they couldn't be bothered to at least tell me.  

 

Now what I am worried about is one of their credit cards that I have that I haven't used since December 2006.  I want to use it next year when I move, but I worry it will be closed by then.  But there's nothing I can do about that.  It's for a furniture store and I don't have the space to put new furniture, so it has to wait until I move.

Message Edited by woopah on 11-16-2008 06:31 PM
4/16/09: TU: 775, EQ: 805
2/11/09: TU: 773, EQ: 790, EX:790
11/16/08: TU: 773, EQ: 785, EX: 780
Goals for 2009: 0 Credit Card Debt & 0% Util (achieved 2/6/09), Mortgage! (achieved 11/2/09), getting closer to 800 scores (I crossed this earlier this year, but I'm sure I'm not there anymore!)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}