Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Capital One CLI Recently

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Capital One CLI Recently

I was turned down last month for a CLI after having three card only 2 months the letter got in the mail stated my account was to new. My 3rd statement is getting ready to cut in a few days i wonder should i try again or just wait until next month until my credit steps kick in on my 4th statement
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Capital One CLI Recently

Don't bother. I talked to CSR and was told that due to economy conditions they are not doing CLIs for now.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called last week to ask for an increase. The CSR told me then that one of my cards was eligible for a $500 CLI. But  asked me what I wanted it for and also asked my HH income. I then asked her if I could also combine my  2 cards.. The woman became very nasty then telling me that, "I can only do one thing at a time here" I've never spoken to a CSR who spoke to me in the tone this woman used so I angrily told her to just close both of the cards, then hung up.

After cooling off a bit I decided I'd better call back and make sure that the one card I have with a small balance hadn't been closed...I also was goingto just close the other card. When I called saying I wanted to close a card the CSR I spoke with this time wanted to decrease APRs on both cards. I explained I really wanted to combine the 2 cards, which she did for me. When I asked about the CLI that the first CSR told me I qualified for she told me I would have to call back the next day to have that done. I know from reading here that both CLI and combining can be done at the same time but agreed to call back.

The next day I had no luck at all getting the CLI....CSR seemed to think it had already been given to me! I'd pretty much had it with Cap One by that time and have just given up. I've always defended C1 before, but thinking this may be the year I close my accounts with them.

BTW...My accounts were 7 and 8 yrs old..NEVER any lates or overlimits on these are any other cards since having them and both stuck at $500 limits all these years.

So, No, I haven't received a CLI....but I almost did!  Smiley Wink

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 03-22-2009 04:22 PM
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 03-22-2009 04:23 PM
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah i just tried the CLI automated system is was a no go guess i will just wait until my credit steps kick in.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

got an increase a couple weeks ago.
Message 5 of 17
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Capital One is the worst when it comes to CLI's. They do not consider how long you've been a customer (8 years for me), how good your FICO score is (710 for me), how long you've been at your job (19 years for me). They also do not consider your other accounts and CL's. My Cap One is only a $1200 card, my lowest. I have store credit cards with higher limits!!

The problem is that I cannot close them out as they are one of my oldest cards. My average account age would take a hit, so I'm stuck with them. Every time I call them I get the same BS answer, "Your account is not eligible at this time".

I can understand in this economy that lenders should be conservative about their CLI policy. However if a customer has a good score, good employment, no sub-prime mortgage (or any mortgage for that matter) and an internal history with NO lates, overlimits or anything, then they should be willing to extend additional credit.

The other thing that bothers me about them is the fact that they approve low limit rebuilder cards without graduating them to better products as the customers credit profile improves. They do soft account reviews on my credit monthly, as I'm sure they do with all their customers. Therefore they are completely familiar with every customers current credit snapshot. When I got the card years ago, my score was in the low 600's. Not the case today. Now I have most of the major players in my mix; BOA, Chase, Discover and Barclays. All of which have "real" credit lines!

Anyway, good luck to anyone trying to grow with Capital One. It isn't gonna happen!

Message 6 of 17
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I got my CL 10/07 $750, CLI to $1,250 10/08 when I calleed to ask for it.  Asked for CLI last month and was rejected due to not having maintained my current CL for at least 6 months.  So in another month I will CLI again and see what they say at that time.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been with capital one for 3 years.  I was granted an increase from $300 to $500 after 6 months.  After that nothing!  I've never been late with them, i've never been over my limit.  I haven't had any negative activity with other credit cards since obtaining a Cap One card.  I am grateful because it was my Cap One card that started my whole rebuilding process, but geez what does it take to get an increase around here>
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Capital One today at 1-800-889-9939  and I asked for a CLI,  I was not expecting one as they just issued me another new card last week.

She asked me "what are you going to buy"  I thought that was an odd question.  I told her it is "personal"

She then said the line is now increased from $14,000 to $18,500  so they are still giving out CLI's and new cards as well.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Capital One today at 1-800-889-9939  and I asked for a CLI,  I was not expecting one as they just issued me another new card last week.

She asked me "what are you going to buy"  I thought that was an odd question.  I told her it is "personal"

She then said the line is now increased from $14,000 to $18,500  so they are still giving out CLI's and new cards as well.

I just called this number an was told flat out no CLI at this time. The guy ran me the script i have read here time an time again because of the state of the economy where not granting CLI then he had the nerve to tell me you most likely will not see a CLI on this account for a long time i was like thanks lol. The may be granting CLI but its very little.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.