cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Chance of Combining Synchrony Cards? (Walmart and Sams)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Chance of Combining Synchrony Cards? (Walmart and Sams)

I have a Walmart store card and a Sam’s Club store card which seems kind of useless to me. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried combining them? Last time I called they wanted to transfer me to a different person for each card so IDK if there's even a place to ask.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Any Chance of Combining Synchrony Cards? (Walmart and Sams)

Im pretty sure its a no. They dont recon or combine limits.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang. That's what I thought, just hoping someone would tell me differently. LOL.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Dang. That's what I thought, just hoping someone would tell me differently. LOL.

No, they don't combine limits.

Message 4 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Walmart store card and a Sam’s Club store card which seems kind of useless to me. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried combining them? Last time I called they wanted to transfer me to a different person for each card so IDK if there's even a place to ask.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to combine CLs.  You could always consider closing one and asking for a CLI on the other.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Id keep them open and hope to get the mc offer down the line.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sams card will at least let you get cash when in sams for no fee.  But sams cannot be used for walmart online. Only in store for sams/walmart and online for sams.

How would you benefit by combining two cards that dont have AF? Are you trying to get a higher limit? If so,  Have you tried the chat feature with sams for a CLI

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call synchrony backdoor number. After being transferred to a third person, in my case, I closed a BP visa card I just opened and got approved on the VISA chevron card that i was initially denied on. I already owned the chevron store card. How long is your history with those 2 cards? It seems like youd be happy with a MC version of either one, no? Call synchrony backdoor and state your case that youd like a modest 1200- 1500 limit MC sams club card and want to close both store cards and see what they say. IF you get the right person they will stick you on hold 10 mins and really go through your stuff and cough up an answer. HINT if she has a southern accent, not southern Indian accent it's the right department. help desk is what they call it

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback guys! My hope was to get an overall higher limit on just the one card since they're pretty much the same. I was just declined for the Sam's MC so my though was to run up the balance on the store card a bit and PIF for a while and see if that helps. The Walmart card is 2 years old and the Sam’s is less than 3 weeks. I'm getting to the point where it's hard to make sure I'm using each card each month as I have multiple store cards and thought combining may help. I'm off to try the online chat. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.