Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Citi Luv out there?

tag
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Any Citi Luv out there?

I've had my Diamond Preferred card since 2/13, According to the statements I've ran approximately 500-1000 a month thru the card and have yet to see any attention from citi. Current utilization is 3% on one account. I pay all my accounts but one before the statements close and report. On the account I do let report it is never over 3%.  Am I doing something wrong?  I have 2 hp on ex, 2 on eq and 1 on tu. Myfico scores as of today, Ex 799, EQ 794, TU 793.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Any Citi Luv out there?

From what you have told, you are doing everything right!...Citi is like aa old car, it takes awhile for it to start rollin'

In my experience with Citi since being a cardmember since 08'....I have only received 1 auto CL from Citi, in the amount of $300

Up til now, all my CL have been requested, all approved so far, some SP some HP.

Message 2 of 6
bmwatts0386
Established Member

i applied for the thankyou preferred about a year ago. they gave me a 5k starting limit. i was charging 3k-6k on the card every month and never posted a balance on the card except maybe once or twice and that was only because they posted charges the same day the statement closed. they never gave me a auto CLI. i recently applied for a CLI online and they countered me a CLI and it was a soft pull. maybe citi just doesnt give auto CLI's much. 

Amex Centurion
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Apple Card
Message 3 of 6
Necromancer
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info.  That's kind of depressing, but I can live with that. I just hate having to do a hp for a cli. So I'm going to stay in the garden and watch my seedlings aaoa grow.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirm the other posters with Citi. Have had their cards since 2009 and several p/c upgrades. Never got any auto CLI increase. Had to request CLI's and they were SP's. I have had some denials.
Message 5 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I just received a CLI on my Citi Diamond Preferred. I didn't want to risk a HP, so I called in and was approved for a $1400 increase with a SP. Why not call in and see if you're eligible for an increase?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.